Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE Size of packaging/box?

Options
JEH
JEH Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone know the size of the box/crate the Large BGE comes in? I plan on getting on in the next few weeks and want to make sure I have enough room to haul it home.

Thanks.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I don't know the sizes but if it's not pre-assembled it will come in multiple boxes
  • Cooker
    Cooker Posts: 25
    Options
    Don't know the exact box dimensions,but be sure to bring along another person to help load and unload these grills are heavy you do not want to drop it,BGE large weighs about 140 lbs.
  • poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 129
    Options
    The boxed BGE comes in 2 boxes. 1 is about 3x3 and the other is about 1x3. Plus other items that you want to get.
    have help and lift from the bottom and not the pre-cut handles, they sometimes rip open

Larry
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I brought mine home in a Nissan Maxima. No chance of getting it in a car that size while still in the box. We tried.

We took all of the parts out of the large box (base, dome, fire box, fire ring) and loaded them into the car one piece at a time. I strapped the base in the front passenger seat using a nylon strap around the seatback and the egg. Everything else fit in the back seat and trunk, padded by a couple of bags of lump.

If you do this, in a similar car, don't bring a passenger. :) Seriously. As for unloading at home. I had no problem doing it alone, though it would have been tough if it had still been in the one large box.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    I still have my boxes. The egg box is roughly 24x24x27.5 and the eggcessory box is 22x22x6 all in inches of course. i also have the nest box, CI box, and AR box if you want those as well.
  • JEH
    JEH Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks everybody