Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Photo posting

Cooker
Cooker Posts: 25
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Need help posting photo managed to post one picture in post,but trying this morning just can't seem to get it right. Have the picture to the right size in photo bucket.Need correct steps

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Cooker,

In Photobucket, place your cursor over the picture you want to post. A drop down-menu should appear.
    Copy the IMG Code (the one at the bottom of the drop-down menu) and paste into the text of your message.
    That should do it.

john
  • Cooker
    I have tried about a dozen times to add a photo to my last post.
    You can edit a post and add a photo ?
    I have copied the code.
    I have right clicked on the URL and clicked on paste.
    the code comes up when I look at the preview no picture just the code.
    I have tried using the IMG stil no picture.
  • WooDoggies
    Go ahead and give it a try in this thread. Cut and past the IMG code into the message box.
    Note that when you look at preview, only the code will appear and not photo. The photo will appear only when you hit the submit button and post your message.

The IMG code will look like this without the spaces between the characters:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com /albums/v226/Johnkovo/JackRibs-1.jpg[/img]

When I remove the spaces from the above code it should become the picture below:

JackRibs-1.jpg

Yes, you can edit a post and add the IMG code into the message box along with your text.

This works every time for me. Give it a go.

john
  • Cooker
    I believe I figured out what I was doing wrong.Cooking my first Boston Butt on the BGE tonight.

[url]HPIM1037jpgresize.jpg[/url]
  • WooDoggies
    I do believe you are now a picture posting egger!

john
  • Cooker
    Thanks for the come back.
    I have got my Boston Butt rubbed in salt in the refrigerator for tonights cook.
    Have you got any tips for me own what I need to do to keep the BGE going all night ?
  • WooDoggies
    If you are cooking the butt overnight and don't want the fire to go out while you're sleeping, I wouldn't let the cook/dome temp get below 250. In fact you can cook and excellent butt at higher temps. So to be safe, I'd cook at 275.
    If you are determined to cook at 225 then you'll need to set up a cot next to the egg because the fire is very likely to go out on it's own... due to too little airflow. I think if you were to do a side-by-side of a butt cooked at 225 and 275, there would be no difference

I don't know when you plan to serve the butt, but instead of putting it on late at night, I've been putting them early in the morning. That way I'm up and can check on the cook without dragging myself out of bed.
    If you put an average sized butt on at 5am, you can have it ready for dinner.
    Okay, now I'm rambling... hope this helps

john
  •  
    The problem you are describing is a forum problem and the fact Photobucket only produces the IMG Code in uppercase.

The forum won't recognize upper case or mixed case 'IMG' code. Change the opening and ending tag to lower case and you will be able to preview the picture.

You want lowercase:
    [ img ] ...image url... [ / img ]

in order to see the picture in preview mode. Upper case works fine in the actual posting and reading the posts.

This info has been sent to the people to be several times. Either the forum program or the code that went into the routine.

GG
  • trying to post a picture, and have no clue how to do it. Help!!