Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Recalibration...and THE KID IS BACK!

Leggo My EggoLeggo My Eggo Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After all the hub bub about recalibrating my BGE thermo. I took on the task of grilling some hot wings tonight. Took longer to cook then I would of thought but after being 70* hot that's to be expected. I'll let the pic's do the rest of the talking. ;)

100_2216.jpg

My hat's off to you guys for helping me out!

100_2217.jpg

These were the best yet, crispy & delicious. :cheer:
·

Comments

• Leggo - mighty fine looking wangs! Man - they're talking snow and sleet here...but might miss me - I hope! Global Warming my butt :laugh:

LJ
    ·
  • They look pretty tastey. I didn't get involved with the thread but I was wondering which one of the lines or angles or graphs you used to determine the temp...
    ·
  • All I did was calibrate to boiling water at 212*. The rest was just cooking instinct. I floured the wings with some DP dust and grilled direct at gasket level with a dome temp of about 380* for a little over an hour. Checked with my remote probe, sauced & pulled at 180. I needed a test run to get my confidence back as I have 2 pork shoulders to slow cook on Saturday for my son's birthday party. :woohoo:
    ·
  • Thanks Jim!
    ·
  • Hey, it is time to drop the carping before the previous poster quits this group. I've never seen such an attack on someone who was just trying to help.
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Magnificent wings and they do look crunchy! :cheer:
    I'll try to post a pic of my wings, hope photobucket works.
    Nice job, your wings inspire me to grill up another batch. Lately I'm going direct raised grid.
    ·