Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mustard On Pork SPare Ribs.

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday's Egg-out was truely a great eggsperience!
I generously rubbed yellow mustard on a nice 3.5 lb slab of pork spare ribs...i was gonna use Jslot's dry rub, but couldnt find the recipe..i needed to make a quick descision on dry rub; the play clock was running out and the defense was showing BLIZT. So I went with last saturday's draft pick>>>BGE Seasoning! And what a champ He was!
I coated with it until i saw no more mustard. Cooked at 260 dome temp for a little over 2 hrs...taste was a winner! Mucho flavor with a nice thin crust...and juicy inside.
AFter we ate that slab like vultures(the only noise in the room was chewing, "MMMMing", and bones hitting plates) we put the wings on at 300 dome temp for 45 minutes..then put them in a bowl with the original Anchor Bar sauce(thanx again BBQfan1!)...dipped some in bleu cheese right before i slid the meat off the bone with my teeth..what a great comination of acnhor bar, smoke, and tender chicken!
Cornfed's 1st attempt of pork tenderloin truely earned him a spot in the play-offs!...and his audiable at the line of scrimmage to put bacon on top was the play-call of the year! This baby was so so juicy...so tender. What an amazing smoke, juicy pork flavor.
Cornfed and I made many last-second calls yesterday...but we fooled the defense, and fans cheered, and we won. I think all you Eggsperts(coaches) would be proud of the performace from your rookies!
ST

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    I haven't tried the BGE rub yet, but the label says the stuff is 4% msg. Seems like a lot. I wonder if that is typical?[p]Congrats on the fine feast! It sho be Qin weather.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    It is a good seasoning if ur late in the 4th quarter and must decide for the benefit of your players and fans.
    Try a little...maybe u will like it.
    If sho iz be qin weathah, yo...if i can only get cornfed's azzzz out of bed maybe we can do a little ovah time.....but with his studying schedule it will be difficult.
    ST

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]The BGE seasoning is Lowery's Seasoned salt with a little celery salt added. Its not a favorite here except to mix 1 part of it and 4 parts Obies fajita rub and coat the wings with it b4 you cook. Its the Wa-Wa wing recipe with a little less of the BGE seasoning. It is salty.[p]As far as Jslot's recipe - don't spend much time looking. He makes a nice piece of change doing BBQ for parties and such and he guards it well. He "will" sell you some though!![p]You making my mouth water with that Buffalo wings sauce talk.[p]Tim
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Tim M,
    I imagine that the BGE Seasoning is something that the Eggsperts like yourself wouldnt use over an original rub....but this guy was fresh out of the University of Waldorf...and I needed soemthing that would score fast.
    He did play big for us, but i will use soemthing in the future with better planning. This week's practice schedule does include benching the rookie, and experiementing with the more experienced veterans.
    I have so much to try tha my head is spinning!
    ST

• King-O-Coals
    King-O-Coals Posts: 510
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, looks like you school boyz may be headin to the Super Bowl if yall keep running plays like that. I use BGE Seasoning occasionally too.