Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Books by Jamison

AbqEgg'r
AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been told that one of these books by Jamison & Alters is the smoker's "Bible". Any suggestions on which title to start out with?[p]Sublime Smoke, Smoke & Spice, or Born to Grill[p]Thanks, TR

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    BBQ_Bible.jpg
    <p />AbqEgg'r, my personal favorite doesn't appear on your wish list - The BARBECUE BIBLE - Steven Raichlen - Over 500 Recipes [ISBN 1-56305-866-9]

[ul][li]Favorite Cook Books[/ul]
  • RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    AbqEgg'r,
    Coincidentally, yesterday, I went out and purchased Smoke and Spice. It was recommended to me by most ppl. I talked to on the subject of Q'ing. Its not about grilling, it is about "low, slow, barbecuing". So..my vote is to go with Smoke and Spice.
    Bob

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    AbqEgg'r,[p]If you're interested in traditional BBQ classics (pulled pork, ribs, brisket) go with Smoke & Spice to start. (Be aware, thought, that cooking times & temps will vary on the Egg. Just ask here when you're about to try something new & you'll get specific advice.) Sublime Smoke is also excellent but the recipes are more inventive. Born to Grill deals mostly with higher-temp grilling than low-and-slow smoking - but again, it's a great book.[p]Cathy
  • AbqEgg'r
    Thanks to all for the comments, I even had a laugh over the picture. Who knows what makes perfect BBQ, maybe a few tunes and some margaritas!
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Gfw,
    That's my favorite too; what an inspiration, as well as great reference book!
    And, being from Florida, I've found his Miami Spice to be full of recipes that help make long Michigan winters tolerble.
    Just looking at either book makes one want to fire up the BGE and have a party. JCA

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    05_02_0017_06_01.jpg
    <p />J Appledog, I'll have to try Miami Spice. The BBQ Bible just has such a great variety of good recipes and it's also wher I found the Mexican Enchilada recipe for pulled pork. If you haven't already tried it - the Memphis Sytle Rib recipe is outstanding![p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • AbqEgg'r
    Gfw,
    Sounds like a great book. I've put this one on my "wish list".[p]Thanks, TR

• AbqEgg'r
    Smokin' Todd,
    Since the books don't seem to overlap, I decided to order all three. Figure I need all the help I can get. Found a book store thru "Abe's" that had really great prices (http://www.ecookbooks.com/index.html).[p]Also plan to get "The BARBECUE BIBLE" mentioned in another post.[p]TR

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    AbqEgg'r,
    that's a great way to go at it...u will have all 3 and u can not be disappointed!
    ST