Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribeye and Baked Potatoe on the Egg

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,523
edited 9:40PM in EggHead Forum
DSC_0003-123.jpg

DSC_0006-89.jpg

DSC_0007-77.jpg

DSC_0008-67.jpg
Seasoned with bacon fat salt, pepper, and Richard's Death by Gariic
DSC_0012-59.jpg
Ribeye searing @ 550* for 2-min a side with Southern Flavor Charbroil Rub and Southern Flavor Cajun Rub
DSC_0014-59.jpg
Roasted @400* for 3-min. a side on a raised grid for internal temp. of 120*
DSC_0019-34.jpg
Served with aspargus, this was a very tasty meal that Javkie and I shared

Thanks for looking

Ross
·

Comments

• emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    A patio shoot with no snow. Shame on you for rubbing it in...
    Looks like a great cook.
    E
    ·
  • CookerCooker Posts: 25
    Good looking dinner !
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    My all time favorite beer, or "Ale" as it were. Oh, and the food looks good too.
    ·
  • Thats why I live here E

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks Cooker

Ross
    ·
  • Thake RB

Ross
    ·
  • Ross,
    I'm planning my first ribeye/potato meal fer this weekend. When (and for how long/what temperature) do you put the tater on prior to putting the heat to the meat?
    ·
  • Ross,
    I'm planning my first ribeye/potato meal fer this weekend. When (and for how long/what temperature) do you put the tater on prior to putting the heat to the meat?
    ·
  • Ross,
    ·
  • SORRY about the obnoxious three postings :unsure: ! I thought I only hit "submit" once and it went crazy on me.
    Someone must've dropped a full-auto sear in my computer today :laugh:
    ·
  • I start the Egg about an hr. before I put the potato on, when it gets to 400* I let it settle down when I get a constant burn I put the potato on a raised grate for one hr. then I sear the rib-eye at 550*+ for 2-min. a side then put it on the raised grate for 4-5min. until 120*temp interior

Ross
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Outstanding sear on that steak.
    ·
  • Tks Bob

Ross
    ·
  • bobSTLbobSTL Posts: 105
    Ross;
    Thanks for the pic's. I gota stop foiling my taters.
    Thanks for the tip on the spice on them.
    Bob
    ·
  • Nice looking meal Ross.
    Makes we want to fire up the egg.
    ·
  • Your welcome Bob

Ross
    ·
  • Tks Jon

Ross
    ·
  • Hey Ross, how much flavor did the bacon fat give. Tater right? And how did you do it?

Mike
    ·
  • another dimension Mike, I just rubed the bacon fat on the potato and put salt, pepper, and death by garlic on it

Ross
    ·
  • Man! You know they say diamonds are a girl's best friend but let me tell you I think I like those diamonds the best! B)
    ·
  • Thanks

Ross
    ·
  • "Death By Garlic". :laugh: Love the name. Yep, that's the way I want to go.

Good looking grub too !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·