Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is getting old!

Meat
Meat Posts: 233
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to jump in on the snow pictures. We are in Pasadena, MD. Got some spares going on the Large. Believe it or not there is a Mini just behind the big one. Just thankful I'm not at work right now. If you are in this schmootz, be careful. Time for a beer.

DSCN3933.jpg

Comments

• I really don't know how y'll put up with it.

Spring "Every Day Should Be Spring" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • How about that Global Warming. I've heard that it isn't going to stop until Al Gore cries Uncle..........
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    My boys say if you can't beat it - then enjoy it!
    IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Have you read anything...anything at all...about global warming? Wild weather swings, more and worse storms, etc. All these snowstorms support the theory. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the political remarks are getting kinda old. :ermm:
  • Now that's some hardcore Eggin'. Way ta go, Meat.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Weird winter. I'm in Connecticut and have only had to use my snowblower once this year. Today, we were supposed to have a small dose of what you guys have been through. Only 8-14", starting in the wee hours last night. It's 5PM now and the roads are virtually clear (not plowed, just no snow except for on and off flurries all day). I can still see my grass.

Maybe it's still coming, but nothin' yet. Y'all can keep it, thanks.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I am tired of wearing my wear guards everyday!!! :angry: But believe me it can get worse. we have lots of snow plus 50 mile an hour winds. I just took a shower, the power might go off :ohmy:
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    This is gettin VERY old..glad to see you finally got to go home...I think it has stopped snowing here..but you really can't tell because of how much is blowing around...get warm, put your feet up, and throw a few down..
  • WessB
    Good thing he created the internet so those of us that still have power can talk aboit it....LMAO
  • WessB
    Leroy..this is FAR from normal..in fact the news said..biggest in recorded history..I'm sure there'e some twists to justify that claim...either way...it DOES suck..
  • Meat
    Meat Posts: 233
    Wess, I'm throwing down a few already. It's tough waiting another hour for the ribs to be done. I just sent you an e-mail.
  • Not to mention al the "evidence' recently found to be falsified, distorted or actually fabricated. Yeah - I say "follow the money"...... Al Gore - millions made selling "carbon credits' - what bunk ! :angry:
  • Yes I have, and there is no scientific proof, only theories. Just because some politician declares the debate over does not make for scientific proof. If you believe it is all true, then aren't you concerned about the size of your carbon footprint every time you fire up the BGE?
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Hey, I gotta work tomorrow, so do me a favor and tell your fellow 'dena neighbors to not call 911 unless they absolutely need to. :lol: Last sunday I had to go up to the 'dena from annapolis because AACofd was hurtin' from all the 911 calls.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Oh my, that puts my snow piles to shame and my snow piles are high.

I've read quite a bit about our world headed into a regular phase of a cycle our planet has been in for millions of years. They say we're beginning what has been known as a mini ice age....now that's something I can buy! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I don't know what it is, what I do know is I'm tired of shoveling it! I must say that "working myself up to" going out to fire up the Egg is sometimes tough...after that its business as usual. Stay warm, stay safe, and be careful.
  • WessB
    Didn't notice the convertible EZ up at first...very cool..way outta my price range...but cool indeed..LOL
  • ... there is no scientific proof, only theories.
    I would respectfully disagree.
    http://www.whoi.edu/page.do?cid=9986&pid=12455&tid=282

Just because some politician declares the debate over does not make for scientific proof.

I would agree but I didn't know that happened.
  • They canceled school here and everything, but as of 7:00pm tonight, we had nothing more than a dusting.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Westys love the snow!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WessB
    Since we had so much fun snorkeling in the Caribbean..I figured why not try it at home...still can't find my watch... :laugh:

snowrkle.jpg
  • bob, most people have no idea what a "theory" is. a theory is something that has been tested so many times that it is accepted as a certainty. nothing is ever "proven" really, just tested more and more and more. eventually it falls apart or is disproved. but when it is generally accepted by a vast majoirtu of scientists, it's considered a theory.

people who don't think critically have assumed that "theory" (in scientific terms) means something wishy washy, a vague "idea" or general conjecture. that is actually a "hypothesis". hypotheses are tested, and if tested enough without being disproved, are eventually what become theories.

lest anyone doubt me, consider this. electricity is "only" a theroy. scientists do not fully understand it, yet so far, all the experiments to date have generally proven that the theory is still holding up.

think of that, "electricity" is ONLY a theory. there is no proof whatsoever that electricity is a real thing other than a man-made construct which (so far) explains the phenomenon. it's been tested so many times that we take it as fact. yet there's not a man alive who can explain it, or gravity.

gravity is a theory too.

anyone who uses dismissive posturing to dismiss someone else's position may be, well, they may be easily dismissed.
  • you don't get to pick and choose science, though, that's how science works.

it's like debating in french. you either step fully into debating in french, without backing out when it gets too tough for you, or you create some other language and debate in that language.

my point is, science doesn't prove or disprove anything really. it's all consensus based. so it is completely incongruous with science to say "i don't believe THAT part of the science". you don't get to say, "i know the vast majority of experts have demonstrated that the current model explains everything we know and has been tested, but i believe the minority opinion." you need to dislodge the consensus opinion.

my point about arguing in french is simply that if you are going to set foot in the scientific arena, you need to play by science's rules. you need to go dig your own ice cores, or capture your own neutrinos, and disprove the constructed understanding so far.

the vast majority of us, included, make decisions based on gut feeling, prejudice, political leanings, etc. If we don't understand something, we either take someone's word for it, or make up our own story that "fits" our sensibilities. i'll give you an example. how do you know that the earth is not flat? atmospheric perspective is enough that it can explain why you can't see for 1000 miles. why do you believe in gravity? just because you drop an apple and see it fall? that's a pretty sad bit of proof. gravity (as i mentioned in that other post) is only a theory. it hasn't been proven. it might even be some odd manifestation of the strong nuclear force, but no one knows definitively. there are 85 year old guys who've worked on it for decades that can't explain it. so, how does a person reconcile accepting gravity, but selectively ignoring other "theories"?

just wondering....

because we are talking science here, right? i mean, if this is a debate, then it will go one without structure and rules and simply devolve into people finger pointing. a theory is as close as proof as you can get scientifically.
  • WessB
    DUDE...can I buy you a drink or 4..you're just beggin jeffersonian to a duel..LOL
  • Not gonna find any tropicals there, Wess!!
  • WessB
    Made my cry laughin when I saw it...truly felt obligated to share it...hope it was taken as intended..
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :ohmy: OMG!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You are CERTIFIED CRAZY!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WessB
    And probably proving it more and more with every post..Life's short...make the most of it..
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    LAWWWD,I LOVE IT!!! Keep the CRAZINESS goin! :laugh: Tell MRS. Sally God Bless her!!! :)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    WessBman . . . remember, when the men in the white coats show up, they are there to help!! :huh: :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap