Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small BGE Band/Hinge Question

Options
Cagmag
Cagmag Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had my Large BGE for a couple of years now and have almost decided to pull the trigger on adding a Small.[p]My question is concerning the band/hinge types that are available for the Small. Is there a spring assisted band available or will I be stuck with the "old style" that requires locking the right/left hinge independently ? ? ?[p]Any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Cagmag,[p]The small has the new spring hinge. It's real nice too. If I didn't think I'd pinch myself real good..I'd be elopin with that thing tonight![p]LB
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Cagmag,
    The small egg comes with a spring hinge now, and the combo is sweeet. A very nice addition with its own personality.[p]I can definitely recommend yaking on that trigger. You will not regret.
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    oops. Been workin' too hard.[p]you could always YANK on that trigger, that is. The small is a righteous investment. Go for it now.[p]Hee
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, Reminds me of Roy Rogers yaking on his Trigger to his sweety pie Dale Evans...Remember them..? I just bought and installed the new Small band hinge, and I recommend it. I made a few small detail changes but very minor.
    C~W[p]

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Nature Boy, I am considering adding a small egg to the family. What do you mean by the small has "its own personality"?[p]Thanks,[p]BeerMike[p]
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Howdy Mike
    By "its own personality", I mean it cooks different from the larger eggs. The food is closer to the coals, and the heat of the dome is closer to the meat. It can be easily lifted and slapped into the back of the car. Doesn't use much fuel, and can handle a pretty good load of food. Just cooks different. [p]You'll see what I mean once you cook on it. I cooked on a mini for the first time this weekend...since I lucked out and won the thing! Anyway, that little guy has another personality all its own,[p]Know what I mean?
    Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Nature Boy, I know what yah mean. I look forward to using the small along side my large. Smoking in stereo![p]Beers back at yah!
    BeerMike[p]

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin