Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE USer

Options
Roundman
Roundman Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Everyone I purchased my first BGE and set it up yesterday. I'm going to cook hamburgers tonight. I read this forum and it was the reason I went with the BGE everyone sounded so sold on the BGE that I figured it had to be the best grill around. I guess I'll find out now.

Comments

• bodean
    bodean Posts: 19
    Options
    You made a wise choice....It only gets better with time and trying new recipes.....Your family will love ya and your neighbors will be hanging out in your driveway....[p]Dean
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Roundman,
    You did good. Now you will find out why we Eggheads enjoy our hobby so much. Stay tuned to this Forum and your Egging skills will grow quickly.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Roundman,[p]Welcome to Eggdom!!! You will have many, many wonderful meals cooked on your Egg. Just ask here and someone will be able to help you cook just about anything. [p]Careful with those burgers. Hard to believe but burgers were one of the hardest things I did on the BGE at the beginning of my eggsperience. I could cook pork butts for 24 hours no sweat but the dang burgers were always overdone. They will cook MUCH faster than you will think, I do less than 2 min. per side at 450°. If you are doing cheese put it on before the two minutes are up on side two. This gives me a slightly pink burger. You will love the burgers just be careful not to overdo them (although they will still be moist even overdone).[p]Again welcome, have a great day and enjoy the burgers.[p]Chuck [p]
  • randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Options
    Roundman,[p]My wife bought me my LGE for a b-day present three years ago. Ask either of us what the best present I ever got was and you'll get the same answer.[p]Random.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Roundman,[p]Welcome! and Happy Cooking![p]Ken
  • Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    Roundman,
    Congratulations on buying the best. I started with 1 and now have 3. I started by reading the forum and now I've traveled cross country to go to different egg events. Its habit forming, but its really fun. Good Luck--See-Yaa

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    Roundman, You will love your new egg. My husband was not happy about me buying one, since we have several other grills. He does not cook, or ever light the grill, so I felt that I was justified in getting what I wanted, but now he loves it. My ribs and chicken are much better than on my Weber, although I still keep it around for larger crowds, like this weekend when I had the privlege of cooking for my entire family for mothers day. Try chicken tomorrow night and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Smokey J
    Smokey J Posts: 8
    Options
    Roundman,[p]My husband was very skeptical about the egg, but now he loves it, too. Think of it this way, if you buy a weber or other grill you will need to replace in 2 yrs. The egg lasts forever![p]Happy Cooking,
    Smokey J

• Unknown
    Options
    Roundman,
    Good luck with your new EGG.
    Word of caution though...beware of flash-back.
    Always open your EGG very slowly, 1/2 inch
    at a time, to about three or four inches making
    sure no flash-back will occur.
    That's how I do it.