Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Turkey Breast questions

Options
GreenEggs&Ham
GreenEggs&Ham Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two questions regarding Egging a boneless turkey breast:
A. To brine or not to brine, that is the question.
B. Perused the forum,but looking for favorite recipes and suggestions
Thanks to all in advance...

Comments

• ColoradoCook
    ColoradoCook Posts: 152
    Options
    GreenEggsHam,[p]Keep it simple is sometimes my motto. Every brand of turkey breast I've purchased has been super moist and juicy cooked on the Egg, no brining required. I take my favorite rub and mix in some olive or peanut oil to make a paste. Slather the rub under the skin (try to not rip the skin) and all over the outside and inside. Use a light wood like Pecan, Apple or Cherry and cook at 350 until it hits 160. It should be 165 when it's ready to carve. This simple method now gets me voted as the official Turkey cook at Thanksgiving and Christmas.[p]Enjoy,[p]CC

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    GreenEggsHam,[p]I just did a boneless, skinless turkey breast tonight. I brined it over night in 1 quart of water with a ¼ cup of turbinado sugar and a ¼ cup of kosher salt. Before I put it on I rinced it good, patted dry, light coating of olive oil and a light coating of Dizzy Dust. I cooked it at 375 – 400 indirect for about 1 hour then removed and covered with foil for about 5 minutes. It turned out great, nice and moist. IMO I think brining is a must for turkey. Well worth the extra effort.[p]RayS