Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home from Eggfest

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well we are home from another wonderful fest....we met a bunch of new friends and had some great times with all in attendance. The weather turned out excellent, many are going home with sunburns. I have MANY pics to put up on my website, just a little to burnt out to do it today. If you havent made one of these events yet you cant imagine what you are missing, there was entirely to much wonderful food, near the end of the day it was becoming difficult to give food away everybody was so full. My breakfast including Max`s hash browns, Page`s sausge roll, and Sydneys cornbread were all served up around 9 am, from then on the food never let up...The pics will tell much of the story....anyway..I just wanted to give everyone a little update, I will post when the new webpage is up....[p]1 whooped Wess

Comments

• Ohio Ed
    Ohio Ed Posts: 33
    Options
    WessB,
    I'll second your comments! I too just got home , back to Ohio, and I enjoyed meeting everyone and exchanging cooking tips and ideas. I was amazed at the variety of food cooked that day. The weather cound't have been more cooperative, especially after that thunderstorm the night before at Capt Bill's on the Potomac, I agree it's an event worth attending.
    Ed

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    WessB,[p]I'll echo your thoughts as well. What a great weekend. Cathy and I enjoyed our time spent with you and Sally as well as the rest of the crowd. We woke up this morning and both were wishing for some of your great eggs and Max's potatos. That was a great breakfast yesterday and I will try to copy it in the near future. [p]After all that great food yesterday, my wife wants me to do pizza on the egg tonight...go figure. [p]Thanks again for all you did this weekend, it was a blast.[p]Chuck
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    WessB,
    don't know when i've had that much fun in a long time. . .it was great hanging with you and sally and page et.al. all day long and into the evening. . .i was really sorry to see it all end. . .and as usual, your pizza was one of the highlights of the day. .. can't wait to see your spread on the wess websight. . .

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chuck,
    it was great seeing you again and meeting cathy. . .on the road home, as sydney and i were going over the day, we definitely decided that your stromboli won our top food of the day award. . .we've got a deal for you. . .we'll come make flank steak rolls for your daughter's wedding if you'll come make strombolis for syd's!!. . .

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Sounds like a plan!!! It was great seeing you again and a pleasure meeting Sydney, or should I say Spawn of Mad Max. I love that name. The two of you put out some great food. SOMM, Spawn of Mad Max, may have even outdone you with the corn bread and meatloaf, she at least gave you a run for the money. You two were cooking machines over there. [p]Chuck

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    WessB,[p]We're glad to hear you made back safe & sound. Mrs. GrillMeister and I checked out at 4:00 AM to head home and we were back in Austin by 10 AM and we even got upgraded the whole way. It was some serious fun, food, and friends.[p]I've got 74 MB of pics I'll be posting later today.[p]Now to get ready for the Texas Eggfest![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas