Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congrats to JSlot and the Big Green Eggomaniacs!!

Options
Squeeze
Squeeze Posts: 717
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Congrats to JSlot and the Big Green Eggomaniacs. They did quite well in Spartenburg! [p]Chicken:
10 coyote cookers
9 K P Cowboy cookers
8 BS Pitmeisters
7 Butts are us
6 Pit dog barbequers
5 Your butts on fire
4 Up in smoke
3 Kick back cove racing
2 Lazy Bones
1 Big green eggomaniacs[p]Ribs
10 Beauty and the Beef
9 Pit dog barbequers
8 Smokey Daves bbq
7 Old bull bbq
6 Lazy bones
5 Your butts on fire
4 KP Cowboy cookers
3 Willie T's Dixie Smokers
2 Big green eggomaniacs
1 Kick back cove racing[p]Pork
10 Lazy Bones
9 Kick back cove racing
8 BS pitmeisters
7 Rinnigers Roasters
6 KP cowboy cookers
5 Pit dog barbequers
4 Smoke sweat and Tears
3 Big green eggomaniacs
2 Up in Smoke
1 Roadrunner BBQ

Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Way to go JSlot! Congrats![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jim,[p]I sure would like to follow up on Squeeze's post on the contest in Spartanburg. The Big Green Eggomaniacs sure did a great job at this contest. I am envious! I guess you paid more attention than I did in drbbq's class on his real deal competition bbq cooking class. I am sure he is proud of your efforts and I wish you well in your future contests. [p]Old Dave

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Old Dave,[p]Yes I am proud!!! I talked to Jslot yesterday and he was pretty eggcited. He said he did everything I showed him except he used Raging River Rub instead of Bonesmokers. Hmmmm.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Thanks, Kevin!! It was a great weekend up in the foothills of SC. The EGGomaniacs finally broke through in a big way (thanks, Ray!!). A first, second, and third is pretty darn respectable! If we had only finished 8th or better in brisket we would have been Grand Champions as well. I'm not too disappointed, though! LOL.[p]All the pics from Waldorf look great and I know you guys had, and may still be having, a great time! LOL. Everyone travel safely and we'll see you back on the board here soon!!![p]Frosty Ones,
    Jim

• Unknown
    Options
    JSlot, glad to see someone as dedicated to helping others has enjoyed some of the fruits (meats) of their labors. Thanks for helping us and congradulations on your wins.
  • JSlot
    Options
    Thanks a bunch, Dave. I did pay attention in class. LOL. We were close on some things before, but Ray put us over the top. Can't say enough about how good the class was. Of course, he had a fine group of students, too! :)[p]Jim
  • JSlot
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words, Chet![p]Jim
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Congrats, Jim![p]Ken
  • Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    JSlot,
    Way to go Jim. I know I sure enjoyed DR BBQ's class last weekend. I learned a lot too. Even though I don't do the competiton stuff yet, the class was a great source of info. Once again----Way to Go---See-Yaa

• Unknown
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Attaboy Jim! [p]Has anybody noticed that Jim is always one of the first, if not the first, to offer help and tips, etc. to eggers in need? Now we KNOW he knows what he's talking about.[p]A great result for a great guy.[p]Later - -[p]JMP

• Unknown
    Options
    Congratulations JSlot.....when you get a chance could you e-mail me some tips on ribs. I am having problems with mine![p]You need to plan on coming to the Alabama State Barbeque cookoff held every year during our "Christmas on the River" activities here in Demopolis. Teams from all over the USA are here. Don't think I've ever seen an Egg cooker here before so you could come and show them a thing or two! [p]Congrats again,
    Van

• Brett
    Brett Posts: 56
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Congrats to Jim! Free Range BBQ can hardly wait to get out there are put those great cooking tips of the good Dr. into practice. Next time its GC for sure for the Eggomaniacs![p]Brett

• Unknown
    Options
    JSlot,I think a few weeks ago I said regroup and go again.You did a good job.Maybe Dr.BBQ,s school did it.Anyway CONGRATS!! on a fine show.Hope to see you in action somewhere this summer.Poppasam

• Goose
    Goose Posts: 4
    Options
    JSlot, Congrats Jim !! Did the class make a difference?
    It was great catchin up with everyone at the class last weekend! All the best/Ron

• JSlot
    Options
    Hi, Ron. Glad to see you made it home safely. Great to meet you and Mike last weekend. The class made a big difference. Going into the contest with a firm game plane made all the difference. Things seemed to go so smoothly that I almost felt like I was forgetting something. It also took the timing factor pretty much out of the equation and that always helps when turn-in time gets close.[p]Jim
  • YankeeBBQ
    YankeeBBQ Posts: 97
    Options
    Great job Jim. That sure makes it worth lugging those eggs around. It was great meeting you at Rays class last weekend. Keep up the good work.[p]Steve
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Congrats, JSlot! You had a cheering section at Eggfest this weekend. It must be extra nice since you're a Jets fan and, therefore, must not be used to witnessing many wins. If your football team can't win, at least your BBQ team can pick up the slack![p]Later,
    Cornfed

• JSlot
    Options
    Thanks, Steve. I'm going to try and squeeze in a contest up your way next year. Don't know if it'll work out, but I'd love to do the Harpoon contest. Good luck in your next event![p]Jim
  • JSlot
    Options
    Thanks, Corndude! It was a great feeling. Hopefully, we'll have something to cheer about on the gridiron this Fall, too![p]Frosty Ones!
    Jim

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    JSlot and his team deserve a great big congratulations for there great showing and for adding more credibility to all of us Egger's!![p]Smokey
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]Congratulations to Jim and the team! We just got home from Eggfest so this is the first chance to congratulate you, Jim, but WAY TO GO! We raised a few glasses in honor of your wins yesterday and missed you at Eggfest, but what a GREAT day for you![p]Tonia
    :~)

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    JSlot,[p]That's great news, Jim......... and it's gotta feel really, really good.
    You surely redeemed yourself for not making it to Waldorf.:~)[p]When Ray told us on Sat. about your wins, he was beaming like Like a proud poppa! [p]Congratulations Dude![p]John