Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Pizza on the Egg

gsgentrygsgentry Posts: 128
edited 6:40PM in EggHead Forum
Here was my first attempt at pizza on the egg. Thanks to zippylip for all of his help!! Somehow I managed to mess up the crust dough so I ended up just running up to the store and buying some pre-made for the 2nd and 3rd pizzas. Looks much better than my first one. :)

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

Comments

• EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Looks darn good and I bet it tasted good as well. Just the way I like it, not too much cheese.

Practice makes perfect.
  • GS - that's awesome for your first pizzas! Now - that Egg sure is white inside... :) Time for long slow smoke to add a little color to that thing.

LJ
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Good job. I gave up on scatch dough after the first few cooks. Pillsbury all the way and we make great pizza!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Great job, looking good.

Patti
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,357
    man, all you're missing are black olives on the za's......looks great.......t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    WAY better than any of mine!Those look great!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    B)
  • :ermm: so what was wrong with the first pizza???

that first pic looked perfect!!

dome shots are my fav :silly:

keep working on a home made crust you like....the quest is so much fun!!
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    I agree - I could not see anything wrong. All three pies looked perfect.

Nice job!
  • gsgentrygsgentry Posts: 128
    Very good observation. This was actually the first time I used my new egg!! :) It will get dark real quick, I promise you that!! LOL
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I've seen people try a lot of times and not have one come out as good as yours (me for one! :P ) Great timing and temp on all of them.
  • Those a great pizzas. I only hope my first one turns out that well. Great pics as well.
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,336
    Greg, despite your misfire on the dough, it looks great, & I would say reduce the flour a bit, it is too dry. Note the color of the dough in the final picture, the store bought dough. Its nice & brown, while the one you made is lighter, almost raw-dough color, a definite sign of dryness. Tweek it a bit & the next round will improve greatly. When I think back to my first pizzas, they didn't come out nearly as nice as what you've done here, in fact, many years later when I did my first pizzas on the egg, it was borderline calamitous; you are way ahead of the game here buddy, keep at it & I guarantee you that the family will veto future attempts at ordering pizza to be delivered
  • gsgentrygsgentry Posts: 128
    Thanks zippy!!! You are the man!! I appreciate all of your time and detailed answers. I will be doing ribeyes on the egg tonight so I will post pictures of them as well. :) Maybe even another dome shot! LOL