Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Spatchcock chicken

Leggo My EggoLeggo My Eggo Posts: 155
edited 2:34AM in EggHead Forum
Picked up a couple of cool books that inspired me from Paul Kirk & Adam Perry Lang. Made my own version of a sweet apricot bbq sauce which turned out really well. Used some DP Dizzy on the bird & glazed with the sauce. Good eats tonight.
·

Comments

• Here's the pic!

001.jpg
    ·
  • Looks good. When did you put the sauce on?
    ·
  • I cooked my indirect at about 375 for an hour. I cook skin side down on my birds for the majority of the cook to crisp up the skin. I sauced about the last 20 minutes of the cook, flipping periodically and basting both sides.
    ·
  • That sounds good. I think I will give it a shot.

Thanks
    Texhead
    ·
  • Dang Leggo - nice looking flat chicken thingy there! I always do mine skin up...going to have to try the skin down on the next one.

LJ
    ·