Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everybody making for Mother's Day??

Options
Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not sure what to do myself. Would like to make something sort of elegant (meaning ribs are probably out - blasphemy, I know) - maybe along the lines of a seafood dish or something? I'm hoping I get some inspiration here because I'm kind of blanking. Thought maybe I'd try that Mrs. Puj apple cake for dessert, but that's about as far as I've gotten.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    salmon on cedar planks. . ..prime rib. . .grilled tsunami spin shrimp with pineapple. . .trex steaks. . ..grilled vegies. . .[p]hope this helps give you some ideas. . .

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    Nothing, it's my day! Unfortunately, that also means nothing from the BGE since my husband isn't allowed to go near it after that one time. Good thing I've overcooked on the BGE all week so the leftover turkey, Iowa chops, and hamburgers might mean that's what we're having. We'll have to wait and see.
    Julie

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    Cornbread Willy, I AM MAKING RESERVATIONS :>))

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    Already made mine thinking it's easier to transport a sausage-stuffed pork loin than to tote the BGE (large) all the way to Louisiana. BBQ beans and Southern style cold slaw to go with it.[p]Happy Mother's Day[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA[p]

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    Strapping in the small for trip to mom and dad's. Splitting the chores with my sister, with my part being the sweet vidalia pie and rib eye steaks and picking up a nice loaf of fresh bakery bread. She'll do her signature Caesar salad and carrot cake for dessert as per mom's request.
    I'm also gonna do fresh biscuits and ham on the Egg for breakfast on Sunday after we all crash at mom and dad's on Saturday....
    Happy Mother's Day to all who qualify!
    Qfan

• UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    We go all out for the ladies in our lives ;) soooooo

[p]Appetizer will be a piece of eggplant, grilled, topped with some cherve which is melted, and then a pan fried scallop, drizzled with chive oil

[p]Soup will be lobster bisque this year.

[p]Lemon taragon sorbet

[p]Main course will be essentially veal oscar, with the chops
    T-Rexed, jumbo lump crab meat, and grilled asperagus served with some roasted garlic mashed potatoes

[p]Desert will be a yeast coffee cake that calls for about a pound of butter ..... out of this world....

• Unknown
    Options
    Cornbread Willy, I am making her only clean the kitchen, bedrooms and living room....I'll let her wait until Monday to clean the rest of the house.

• Unknown
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    I'm making momma reeeeeeeal happy![p]HJ

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    I'll be boiling 40 pounds of crawfish for Mom for Mother's Day.[p]For the wife who doesn't eat them...will be doing some oysters on the egg!