Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vidalia Onion Pie recipe???

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have the recipe for this. Everybody says it is great and I would love to try it this weekend.[p]Thanks,
Van

Comments

• tn slagamater
    tn slagamater Posts: 623
    Hugh Jass,that is YB's onion pie. I tried it last night using blue cheese and it was fantastic. Slice 6 large onions or 12 small ones and saute in butter in a large frying pan on low heat until soft, about 10 -12 minutes. Remove from heat.Sprinkle 1 Tbls. flour on the onions.Add salt and pepper to taste.Add 4 beaten eggs and one cup of heavy cream or sour cream to the onions and mix all together well. Pour the mix into two pie shells and top with cheese about 1/2 cup. I used blue, not sure what YB uses, maybe American? Bake in pre-heated Egg at 400 for 35 - 40 mins until toothpick comes clean when inserted. YUMMY, this is a winner...

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Hugh Jass, [p]Another good vidalia onion dish is this one:[p]Slice the onions & saute in butter & season with salt & pepper and something a bit spicy. Then, in a BGE proof casserole layer the onions, some crumbled Ritz crackers and Parmesan cheese, 2-3 layers of each. Bake until it looks done. [p]JCA

• glenn
    glenn Posts: 151
    tn slagamater,
    do you leave the slices round or do u chop em up

• tn slagamater
    tn slagamater Posts: 623
    Glenn,I left the slices round.