Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled pork reheating

hotgrillharryhotgrillharry Posts: 16
edited 4:57PM in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking up some butts for a party tomorrow night. They will be ready around 2 today. Any particular recommendations for storing and reheating?
·

Comments

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    I have taken cold pulled pork from the icebox and reheated in the crock pot with a can of coke and they ate it all with no complaints. I let them sauce at the table.
    Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • A note on the Secret Handshake:

You must fully vet anyone you want to bring into the "Inner Circle" before you give them the Secret Handshake, in other words, they must be as worthy or more worthy than yourself. (I can't quite imagine anyone more worthy that you though.)
    ·
  • You can put the pork in an aluminum pan & moisten the meat with a little apple juice. Take some Saran wrap and cover the pan, then place in your oven at 200 degrees.
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    Thank You,
    Great Nobel One. :) I will gladly represent the inner circle of The Secret Handshake. :)
    Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • Thanks for the responses.
    ·
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    Because of sugar concerns I use chicken broth to heat it up. Sauce at the table.
    ·
  • PetuniaPetunia Posts: 110
    Reheating meat for the two of us I always steam the meat. Not only does it keep the meat moist but you don't have to worry about it burning. I also tried reheating it with coke and found it came out about the same as the steamed meat.
    ·