Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Excuse suggestions

Options
randomegger
randomegger Posts: 194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I really needed the small egg I just bought, right?[p]Any of you have an excuse that stands a chance of selling my wife on it?[p]THANKS!

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    randomegger,
    It makes a travel companion because of it's managable weight and uses less charcoal than the large for those quick steak, sausages and chicken breasts etc.
    And the Large is happier with a little company on the patio.
    Bob

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    randomegger,
    Well, for example, tell her that of course, when you are going to cook a chicken in the large at 350 degrees, you will need to do the baked potatoes in the small at 400 degrees. It worked for me![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    randomegger, Tell her it'sd a Mother's Day gift.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    randomegger,[p]My question is what excuse I am going to use when I bring home one of those XLs. I used the "steak will be better on a small, because it will sear better closer to the coals" excuse. Learned that one at Eggfest last year. Hopefully I will learn a good one for the XL this year.[p]Good luck.[p]Chuck
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Better yet: give her a certificate good for one small Egged dinner a week, all prep and cleanup included.[p]randomegger - it helps if you don't tell her how much fun you'll be having...[p]Ken
  • Roy Fraser
    Roy Fraser Posts: 32
    Options
    randomegger,
    All of these guys are approaching it the wrong way. Approach both of them from the aspect of charcoal savings. The small uses less charcoal, and you can cook more on the XL with the same amount of charcoal. It is all about saving money on charcoal where you can buy her nice things. Try it....Pigtail

• Ohio Ed
    Ohio Ed Posts: 33
    Options
    randomegger,
    Heck, just like JAppledog said "I bought it for you dear!"
    That's worked for me on Trucks, Lawn Tractors, New Computers, Digital Cameras..just about every toy I've got. I tell her shucks with all I'm buying you , you can't complain when I spend a little money on me once in a while!And we've been married 35 years!
    Good Luck

• Unknown
    Options
    randomegger, just tell her by God you work hard for your money and you can buy any damn thing you want to without her permission.......THEN RUN LIKE HELL.[p]I always wanted to be a marriage counselor. Think I would be good at it?[p]Hugh Jass

1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    randomegger,
    Why did I buy it? Because the guy was willing to trade it for cash. What else couldd I do?

• Unknown
    Options
    randomegger,
    Just tell her that during these times of economic distress that you were simply doing your part to help stimulate the economy.[p]Or[p]Tell your wife that it was either a small egg for the both of you to share or a ring for your girlfriend. Certainly she can see your wisdom on that one, you know, thinking of her and all.[p]Or[p]Tell her that it followed you home and that you will promise to feed it and cleanup after it and that it won’t be a burden at all.[p]Or[p]Tell her that a bunch of terrorists were contemplating purchasing it while you were browsing. You had to buy it for your country... There is just no telling what evil would have befallen your fair city if you hadn’t bought it before they did.[p]Or[p]Just tell her the truth, that you wanted another egg. It’s so zany, so outlandish, it just might work.[p]Brews
    Matt.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    randomegger,
    Like she's never bought anything she wanted! Go count the number of pairs of shoes she has.[p]You worked hard; you wanted it; you bought it.[p]Sounds good enough for me.