Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - but seriously need help!

Options
2»

Comments

• Lanier Jim
    Options
    Funny Carolina - okay, OT on this forum...and a pic of the finished product. Hey - maybe I'll stick my mini egg on the boat so it won't be off topic! :laugh:

LJ
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    You can put the mini in the pic if you want but for god sakes don't put that pic of lips up again. Hell that made me have nightmares. One freaky looking monkey. Nevermind the forum police. Sometimes you just have to ignore people. Hope you get the screws out.
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    I've used each of those products, I prefer Kroil over PB. If you can find it "Motion Fluid 60" is a great product.
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    Nice job! The two suggestions I have are already covered in some of the answers you have already received. This won't help you with that problem, but I would like to mention a product called Never Seez. You coat a bolt or nut with it, and down the road it will be easy to unscrew. Good luck.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Awesome stuff to apply as you rebuild!I NEVER put ANYTHING back together without it.Results are 1000X down the road when you have to disassemble! ;)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I use one of two things when I assemble something.

Red Lock-Tite or Vaseline. One keeps it together forever and one makes it easy to take apart again.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Don't look at the sun on a bright day. And don't send me e-mails.

Mike
  • BillHill
    BillHill Posts: 109
    Options
    ARE YOU SERIOUS DUDE? REALLY? YOUR KIDDING, right?
  • BillHill
    BillHill Posts: 109
    Options
    dadsboat.jpg My dads boat. Keep your head up Jim!!! I enjoy all your posts.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    The red locktite is good too,if you want it to hold together.The never seeze/anti seeze is good for applications where it may need to be dismantled.Both are VERY useful in certain applications.Never tried the petroleum jelly,it may work just as well for far less $$$.Good tip! ;)
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Thanks Bill - Wow - what a beautiful Norris Craft! What year and is that a 2.4 Merc on the back?

Dang - email me some pics of the interior! Never thought I'd run into another NC lover on the forum. I've had 4 - 2 new and 2 I brought back from the dead over the years.

I see it came from Tri-County Marine - they used to sell alot of NC's...

LJ
  • rooster
    rooster Posts: 252
    Options
    Lanier Jim, how can you stay so civil? I would have unloaded on Wess B, no reason for that crap!!!!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    yep, get the blaster, wd doesnt work that well at all, then try the impact driver. last if yoe cant get them off or they break with the driver, grind the broken part flush and rotate the seat plate and drill and tap new holes, ive done that on my lobster boat a few times.you could also try the tap remover fidel mentioned before rotating the plate are the srews screwed into aluminum, if they are, the threads will probable be wrecked by the time your done anyways. make sure to use that antisieze reassembling
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ranger ray
    Options
    try using some stuff called "fluid film"... it's the best thing if used for rusty bolts and lubing things.... it's a lanolin based product so it won't dissolve the the vinyl....they will send you a free sample too.... i buy it by the case.... i use it on everything( not everything my gf does not like the smell)....i'd go with an impact screwdriver after letting the fluid film sit for a couple of days.... "aero kroil is great stuff too but it's petroleum based....btw.... if post is rated OT.... don't look. rr
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    just listening in for up dates. Tim
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Tim,
    I almost exclusively use the Active view mode plus flat view. That way you can quickly see what threads have action you might want to follow. I may be retired but I still like efficiency! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Well - still no freakin luck tonight so I'm done with trying for the evening...that's the update! We had a luncheon today for the entire company and I was knee deep in some contract work so I didn't get out and find some of the stuff needed (thanks for all the help).

Friday - I will be visiting a few stores and getting some stuff. Hey - if you guys here about an explosion on Lake Lanier - you'll know that a few things shouldn't have been used together. :laugh:

LJ
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Since this floated back to the top....No..I aint kiddin..and I don't park my boat on the sidewalk either....but I also don't ask questions about my boat on this forum either...I do however respect the collective knowledge that is present here and understand why Jim asked...take it for what it is...and don't turn it into more than it really is...