Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs in Progress

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well - I got the BGE yesterday and this morning went out to get a couple items to start my 1st cook on the BGE. I found one of those disposable grills which I placed right on top of the main grid to use as a drip pan. On top of that is a smaller grill where I placed 1 rack of baby backs cut in half. I'm using some mesquite wood chips that soaked for about 30 mins and apple juice in the drip pan. Currently, I am in the middle of the 3 - 1 - 1 1/2 method that I found right here on these forums. I'm on the last part of the cook now. Dome temp is hovering between 225 and 250. I'm going to let it go another 45 mins indirect and then direct for another 45 mins. I'll start my basting in the last 30 mins and turn a few times. Soon, I'll be able to let you all know if they are a success! Peace out.[p]scarrier

Comments