Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Purchased Large BGE

CookerCooker Posts: 25
edited 9:09PM in EggHead Forum
Just bought my large BGE yesterday !
Cooked chicken for the first time at about 390 degrees
might have left on the grill just a little to long,sure did have a real good smoky flavor.Cooked squash,zucchini
and potatoes onions together on half moon rack pan,they were great!

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Congrats on the purchase! One thing I would recommend is be sure to wait with putting your food in until the coals are burning clean. That is when you don't see any of the white smoke coming out. -RP
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Cooker, Welcome to the forum. :) Once you get the hang of the egg you will be making some great food. I hope you decide to take pic's because we love to see what others are doing on their BGE. ;) Tim
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Congrats on your new cooker, cooker. B)
    Welcome to the Forum!
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Congrats on the egg purchase and make sure and use your meat thermometer for that chicken.Post some pics and enjoy your new toy.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    I am jealous. Hopefully I'll have mine within the next two weeks. I do have a thermapen on its way though. Enjoy the egg.
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,016
    Congrats on your new toy. Your life is forever changed. Welcome to the madness. By the way, why 390 and not 400 or 425? :)
  • BoneheadBonehead Posts: 113
    Welcome B)
  •  
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Make sure you calibrate your dome thermometer and cook your food to done temperature - rather than time.

GG
  • CookerCooker Posts: 25
    I will have to read up on calibrating the temp gauge,seems like a scanned over a post on that.
    Thanks,Capt.Mike