Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Day!!!

Comments

• troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    What/where/when is a meet and greet?

If you ever see a guy with a golden retriever hooked to his bike, being pulled at a dangerously high rate of speed up the bike paths near the Cochise School, stop and say "Hey". That'd be Elvis doing the work and me enjoying the ride.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I usually bike along the wash and head south. Sometimes I bike as far as Tempe and then go to Papago Park. I usually bike once it warms up, the mornings here are chilly. I have a g/f that lives in Paradise Valley on Camelback Mtn. and her and I climb to the summit almost everyday. I'll keep an eye out for you and Elvis when I'm biking. :)

As for the meet and greet, here's the info.

BBQ ISLANDS Eggs In The Desert
    SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

$10 a person to Enter the EggFest: Payable at the door 9am Saturday Morning Feb 13th.

 Friday, Meat and Greet. February 12th 5:00PM - 8:00 PM
    • 6:00 PM: BBQ Island 8425 S Emerald Dr Suite #103. Tempe, AZ. 85268 480-632-9227

Saturday, February 13th 8:00AM - 4:00 PM

• 8:00 AM: Cooks Sign in and setup
    • 9:00 AM: Let the Eggfest Begin! The Eggs in the Desert Eggfest begins with the traditional "Lighting of the Eggs". Food will be available all day. Just wander from egg to egg to sample foods and discuss recipes and techniques with the cooks. Sign up for Prizes and give away.
    • 9:30 AM: Big Green Egg 101 Class with BGE Rep. Dirk Leslie
    • 10:30 AM: Class with Guest Chef: to be announced
    • 11:30 AM: Class with DR BBQ, learn from the best as he demonstrates his favorite cooking skills and techniques.
    • 1:30 PM: Iron Egg Set up
    • 2:00 PM: The 2010 Eggs in the Desert, Iron Egg Begins
    • 2:30 PM: Iron Egg: Turn-in and Judging begins
    • 3:00 PM: We will begin shutting down the demo eggs to allow for sufficient cooling time
    • 3:30 PM: Peoples Choice for cooks begins & Announcement of Iron Egg Competition Champion.

Look forward to seeing you there Scott!!
  • reelgem
    Thanks Staci, I'm heading out shortly to have lunch with a friend and then whatever else she has planned for the day. Yesterday she had me celebrating "Ground Hog" day with her. I never know what to expect. :)
  • reelgem
    Awwww, you're too sweet Ross......thank you!! :)
  • reelgem
    It is Hoss!! Thank you!! :)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    wow ann that is something i did not know about you.. see you do learn something everyday.. i am glad to hear you beat this disease that has taken sooo many good people..

go celebrate and have a drink on me ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Outstanding - thanks for sharing Anne. I didn't know you were a cancer survivor.
  • I know what a special day this is for you. Take care.
    Mike
  • reelgem
    Thanks Terry!! I'll take you up on the drink. :)
  • reelgem
    Thanks Frank!!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    We saw Sam at class a few weeks ago and he said she was doing well. Our next class is on the 18th so we hope to see her then.

I hope out come ends like yours did.
    :lol: :laugh:
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    That is wonderful. I appreciate you for what you did for Sam and Diane in December. It's nice to know that good things still happen for good people.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Steve, sorry Norma is still suffering. Ya, to get speedy MRI you have to be a professional athlete or a dog/cat :angry: . When I was visiting my folks overseas I had MRI done almost instantly, of course they have a two tier system but so do we only it's 'hidden'. My best wishes to Norma for speedy diagnosis and recovery.
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Anne:

Nothing but smiles (and continued prayers) for you from Kathy & I :):):):):):):):):) Keep it going...see you next month!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Anne, I'm an anesthesiologist and have been practicing for 27 years. I am involved in the operative aspect of cancer treatment, but have had many friends and relatives over the years who had to deal with cancer. Some very fortunate and some not so.

My mother passed away at age 44 with lung cancer (heavy smoker) and my wife's best friend at 47 from stomach cancer. Those are juxtaposed with the great success stories like yours and a couple of my friends recently with prostate cancer (including the Spring Ckn).

I hope you continue to do well.
  • reelgem
    Thanks Mike, it is truly a special day.
  • That's wonderful news!
  • reelgem
    Jay, thank you and Kathy too. I'm looking forward to seeing you both at the FL Fest.:)
  • reelgem
  • Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    I wish, not sure if I can make that one. The season is going to get hectic real quick this year I think.
  • reelgem
    So you really have first hand knowledge. 44 & 47 is way too young to have your life taken by cancer.
    Spring Chicken does have quite a survival story himself. I told him we need to start a group with Egghead Survivors. After reading all the replies to my post I can see that we could form a fairly large group. Some very interesting stories.
  • it's indeed a happy day! and thank God... you know God.... God bless the doctors who work sooooo hard to save our lives..... i wish you many more happy years here on earth.... rr.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Awesome milestone Anne!!! It is great having with us all and I am looking forward to the next time you and Del come hang out with us Dizzy Pigs. My Mom was not a fortunate as you and lost her 2 year battle several years ago. It is a nasty thing to go through and again I am so glad that you were able to beat it.

Hope to see you soon.

Chuck
  • reelgem
    Thanks for your kind words Chuck. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I am VERY lucky and blessed. Out of my group of 10 women that were being treated there's only 2 of us left that beat the odds.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you and the Dizzy Pig team. I'm taking Myron Mixon's class in a few weeks. Maybe I can help you at some comps. I love that atmosphere, it is so much fun. I had a blast at the Royal! Hope to see you there this year. :)
  • reelgem
    Thanks Mike!! I just did see this reply. You snuck it in on me. This was my 2nd bout with cancer. I'm not going to let it get the best of me. :)
  • reelgem
    That's really kind of you to say Bobby. It was a pleasure spending time with Sam & Diane. As you know they are lovely people.
  • Life is about 2nd chances, just depends on what you do with it.

Mike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hooray for you Anne!!!

I'm also a cancer survivor - been clear now for nearly 8 years so I know what you are feeling!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • reelgem
    Thanks Soulfish!! You must've changed your reply. I am sooo sorry to hear of your cancer. I've never met you and I have not heard anything about this. You are in my prayers, stay strong and put your trust in God. I was told my cancer was primitive and would be resistant to the chemo drugs. I'm here to prove them wrong and you can do the same. Email me sometime, I would love to talk to you.