Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Painted Handles

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mikeb6109 sent me these pics today of the new handles. He said they just need to be varnished and would be ready to mail. We've said it several times on the forum...that's a talented family! Thanks Mike - and tell mom and dad that I'll send them some peaches too! :)

Scooby Doo
scooby.jpg

and

Scrappy Doo
scrappy.jpg

Oh yeah - made some Man Meatballs today on the EGG. Once they got a good color on them (300 for about an hour) - we removed and simmered in sauce for about 3 hours! Served with wheat pasta (getting healthy Jim here :) )...add a Wedge salad with chunk blue cheese, bacon with some grilled garlic/cheese toast and you're one happy camper
meatballs.jpg

No pics of the finished product - didn't want to post another blurry pic! :laugh: I'm about to pass out I'm so full.

LJ

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Those handles look nice, Mikes dad has put out some great woodwork. Around here those meatballs never would have made it to the sauce unless I did a double batch :blush:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Love the colors on the new handle. Great carving for sure!! Also love the, ehem, balls. B) Sounds like a great meal Jim!!1
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Leggo My Eggo
    Options
    Those handles are the coolest things I've seen. Not sure about the healthy diet though with blue cheese chunks in the salad, bacon & cheese toast? :laugh:
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    That looks like you did them direct raised?

Just picked up some meatball mix from Graziano Bros. in Des Moines, and Egging them seems to be a good idea.
  • Leggo My Eggo
    Options
    Those handles are the coolest things I've seen. Not sure about the healthy diet though with blue cheese chunks in the salad, bacon & cheese toast? :laugh:
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Thanks on the Cool handles - Mikeb- mom and dad have it going on up there in Cannuck Country...and he's a huge fan of Labatts beer! Ain't that right Mike :laugh:

Yep - cooked the MM's direct - raised up on the tall GrateMates - turned out great with a hint of charcoal taste...you know, the taste that makes you drool. Finished them off in the sauce and boy were they good.

We mixed ground beef and ground sweet italian sausage...italian bread crumbs...egg and some oregano.

Use the left over meatballs for sammiches...yep, toast up some good thick bread and "slice" the meat balls to sit flat...and some mozzerella and you've got a real sammich....served on paper plates of course. :)

LJ
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Dang Poolman - those things were HEAVY! I had 2 and I'm so full I'm sick right now. I need to go get my stretchy pants.

If you can eat more than two...you win! :laugh:

LJ
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    Cookin Biker - Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - for the first time - you left me speechless on that one. :laugh:

LJ
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I've been known to eat a pound or two,,,,,,,, before dinner :whistle:
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    :laugh: Dang Poolman - if you were to make a meatball sub out of these...it's weigh in around 12 lbs! :)

LJ
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Great looking meatballs,been wanting to try some for a while but never did!!gonna have to put it on the must try list. glad you love the handles and for the LABATTS :sick: thank god it is not the only beer sold up here!!
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    :laugh: A cannuck that doesn't like Labatt's...WOW! Got you email too - sounds like late spring or summer is the best time.

As you know...I'm just "jiggly" over the handles...love them!

LJ