Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best of the West, good lump

Options
Luvs to shoot clay
Luvs to shoot clay Posts: 774
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to Sam's Wholesale (Willowbrook store in Houston) and found a bargain. I have tried lump from there before and it wasn't very good, too many small pieces but this is really good size lump and it was only $14.27 for 40 pounds. I am headed back tomorrow to stock up.

IMGP0635.jpg

IMGP0633.jpg

Comments

• Ohatchee
    Options
    I use the same myself...also bought via Sam's. I'm officially converted and have 6 bags in the garage.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I had some from Sam's last year that wasn't that great. Yours must have come from a different mesquite tree LOL.

I'm beginning to think that Lump Charcoal is not all the same. But how can that be I asked myself in the middle of pondering the question. Then I had a revelation: maybe it's not all supposed to be the same. Or maybe someone is just trying to keep us in a state of confusion. Now who would do something like that? Aaaaa Haaaaaaa! I exclaimed to no one inparticular. It's the government. Yes, they want us to believe that everything is under control so that we won't ask questions.

But what if it's something on sale and actually does the job well I ask myself? Then I answer we're one up on them. This sounds like one of those times.

Keep up the good work Agent Willy.

Spring "Non-Government Agent" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    That looks like a reliable bag of lump...I think that's what I've learned...lump is inconsistent because trees are. Now, what are the chances that my Sam's will have lump on hand in January? Gotta go find out!
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    I am going back to buy 4 more bags tomorrow hoping that the whole pallet came out of the same tree?? Hope it is all good!