Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Chicken Cook

PapaB
PapaB Posts: 146
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up a rice and crawfish stuffed boneless chicken today to wake my egg up with tomorrow when the sun's out. I'd like to get a good roast on it while crisping up the outside. Any thoughts on a preferred setup? Direct vs. indirect, temp of dome and probed chicken? Looking forward to tasty result...

Comments

• Well, u r in the same boat as me. I'm also waiting for a respone. The last time I deboned a chicken (right after the Eggfest), I stuffed it with a mixture of bread,onion and butter and mushrooms. I THINK THAT I DID IT AT 300 FOR 75 MINUTES. The cook was indirect, placesetter legs up with a steemer pan half full of water and a beer. Hope this helps. Look for my post above yours in case they respond to mine.
  • PapaB
    Yep, I saw your post. I'll be watchin'....I've done vertical roasts before indirect at 400, but I'm not sure we should go that high with the chick being stuffed. I'll use a probe to watch the internal temp. but I'm looking for some crispy skin too, and I didn't want to blow that.

Thanks for responding.
  • See Marvin's post on mine. The crispy skin can be gotten at the end by cranking the temp uo a little at the end.
  • PapaB
    Thanks, got it. Let me know how yours turns out.
  • Well, I can guarantee that one of them will be right....
    I got 3 eggers coming over for a lesson on deboning and we will get one right. My wife remembered that the stuffing had to be 165, cause u don;t want cold stuffing after it has been sopping up juice from the bird for an hour.