Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Egg Fest

slegoace
slegoace Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well it is here again that time of year where we all start thinking about the Texas Egg Fest.
Well after some serious thought and meetings with the Oasis and the other powers that be We have a date May 1st 2010.
Now I know that some of you have read the post last year that the date was on the 24th of April we are sorry for the change. Some things happened with the venue that was out of our control as well as we felt that being so close to the OK Fest that if people wanted to go to both we where cutting it short.
If there are any problems or request we are always open to them please dont hesitate to call the store and talk with either Bob or myself (Scott) and we will do what we can. And as always please check this forum as well as the BBQ Outfitter web site.

Thank you

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Hi Scott, will you be putting up a banner in Eggfest Central? Are there any plans for a Meet and Greet or After Party?
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • It's now listed (along with all of the 'fests) on my events calendar and on my "Fest Map". It's amazing how the map is looking as more and more 'fests are popping up!

'Fest Map
    The Naked Whiz
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Working to get out of a May 1st obligation. Hope to be able to sign up.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Whiz,
    Thanks for putting a link to the Gulf Coast Eggfest on your site. We appreciate it.
  • I'm adding all the events I come across. If anyone knows of events missing from the calendar or the map, they should email me and I'll happily add them. I'm going through the sites on the map, one by one, now trying to adjust the pointer to the exact location. On the first pass I just put a pointer somewhere in the city.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    You better work real hard because you are going to have to stand them up. You HAVE to be in Austin :)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Thought all was fine as 24th Fest and 1st for a wedding (not mine or family, close friend daughter).
    See how it plays out.
    Thanks nice lady....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Hope it works out for you!

If not :( there's always OKC B)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • The banner is at the hands of Big Green Egg I sent it to them to place on the sit on Tuesday, As for the Meet & Greet we are ready for some input. We liked what you all did last Year and are wanting to do the same type of thing so if you have any Ideas please let me know. Thank you.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    You're real close for Gulfport. It's actually just a bit north at the east end of race track road.
  • Being a newbie I have never been to one of the fests, it sounds like fun.