Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clay's BBQ Beef Question

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have followed this recipe to a "t" a number of times and it always comes out great. Here is the recipe - I strongly recommend it to anyone that has not tried it:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=431

Here's the problem. My daughter is turning one and the birthday party this Saturday. The party starts around 10:30 and the boss (wife) is hoping to eat lunch right at noon. There will be grandparents and aunts and uncles the whole bit at the party. It is kind of interesting, the pressure is mounting on the cook. This will be about the 10th or 11th time I have cooked for the family at this kind of gathering, and just last week I received a couple of emails about what I was going to cook on the BGE for them. I have done all the traditionals - from steaks, chicken, butt, brisket, ribs etc, and I want to do something different that I haven't already done. The other problem is the boss doesn't want me tending the grill all the time from 10:30 to noon (I know - she expects a LOT out of me). My solution is Clay's BBQ Beef. However, trying to avoid waking up at three in the morning to get it going, I was hopeing to do stage 1 and 2, and even the pulling of the beef on Friday night. Then, I could do the final stage Saturday morning.

1) Do you think this is doable?

2) Would you alter anything to make it work ie - add any liquid or water to it?

3) At a dome of 250 - how long do you think it would take to heat through properly - I assume more than an hour and a half like the recipe calls for?

4) Any other peices of advice?

Thanks in advance!

Comments