Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bashing my lashes for Frank in Houma

cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What temp did you target for the cold smoked salmon. Same as cheese, 70-90? Thanks alot!!

Comments

• Molly-

When I did the DM recipe it was around 30 degrees when I cooked and my temp didn't get much above 70.

I didn't use ice, just but my can on the bottom and salmon on the grill. It was easy and delicious

hope this helps
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

You also could check with google "how to cold smoke salmon". With cold smoking it might be good to read several sources.

Way to many years ago I did a bunch as well as rainbow trout, it was fantastic and had a good life. As I recall it was important to stay within the safety limits.

I looked but, sorry, I can't recall or find the procedures I used.

Kent
  • Molly,

I really didn't have a target temp. Just loaded the mini with the can and soldering iron and left it for five hours - adding wood chips after 2-1/2. The dome thermometer read 150-160 but to be honest I didn't pay much attention to it and not sure how accurate it is in the 150-160s because I simply removed the grate by hand without any gloves.