Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More John Henry recommendations

Davekatz
Davekatz Posts: 763
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've tried (and thoroughly enjoyed) his Pecan, Mojave Garlic Pepper, Texas Chicken Tickler, and Sugar Maple rubs.

What else do you folks recommend from JH?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.

Comments

• Ive used several John Henry rubs and liked them, but cannot find them anymore (used to get them at BBQ galore) - anyone know of a place in Atlanta that carries JH?
  • Geo
    Geo Posts: 53
    You can order at www.grategrillsonline.com they most of John Henry's rubs. His Brisket rub is very good with his brisket marinade.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Nedra D's hickory rub. My impression is that the hickory is not all that strong, but that its quite sweet and savory. I like it for most pork cooks, and have sprinkled it on grilled corn. I like to kick it up a bit with some extra cayenne
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    He makes a HOT version of the Sugar Maple rub that I really like. The hot balances well with the sweetness of the maple and is really good on pork tenderloin.

It is listed under the wood flavor products on his site.

http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    only order one rub from jon henry's and that is the hot wing rub seasoning.... my son goes wild for it. that is the only way he likes wings now now. i keep a bottle in the camper cause i like to make wings while we camp. i only have a little left so before we go camping again i will order a couple more bottles...

i use dizzy pig on everything else. i ended up with the hot wing seasoning by accident.. we were doing a demo cook in augusta georgia and when i got there i got my stuff out and set up.. well fidel got there a little later and asked me if i would help him haul all of his stuff out of his car. he had enough stuff to cook for the national guard if they stoopped by (they didn't)... but later on the owner of the pool place offered all of his john henry's rubs for half off i went in and picked up two bottles.. well fidel beat me to the cash register and bought me those two bottles for helping him empty his car.. i have had some on hand ever since.. the sad part is i have to order it online since none of my local stores carry it :angry:

oh well i hope this helps ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Terry, is that JH hot wing rub called that? I'm looking on the JH site and I can't seem to find one with that name.