Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clean Burn Lid stuck

Options
llrickman
llrickman Posts: 654
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What do i do now? :(
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    You melted your gasket and the adhesive has stuck between the top and bottom (I did it too). Take a butter knife, preferably an expensive one, and drive it from the side of the egg into the gasket area and it will make it pop open. Do this slowly and as many times as you need to get it free. mine did it after only one attempt. Good luck. Be careful.
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Thank you.
    My gasket was pretty crispy before i did the burn anyway so i expected it. Just wanted to double check on how to get it open
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    okay. use the expensive butter knife, that way I can tell my wife "see honey, I am not the only one!"
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    okay. use the expensive butter knife, that way I can tell my wife "see honey, I am not the only one!"
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Ilrick...I think you saw it coming, but wait till you see the inside of that Egg!! :woohoo: I have heard of some folks dropping a fire starting cube through the top to get the egg reopened....We used the putty knife method. ;) Just be patient so you don't chip your ceramic.
    The gasket replacement is easy enough....and the BGE will likely send you a replacement. There is a tutorial here if you choose to look.....

http://www.bubbatim.com/Projects.php

Congrats for taking the step to your first clean burn!! And again, you will be SO excited when you see the result! The gasket...well...it happens. :whistle: