Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chili is on!

Teach42Teach42 Posts: 218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have a chili cookoff in about a month, so since I'm in town all weekend, I figured this would be a good chance to try out some tweaks to the recipe. Two years ago, the last time I went, I won for best overall. But I figure I can't come back with the exact same recipe... Gotta make some changes!

So this time, I smoked up some Tritip and shoulder country ribs last night. Chopped up the rib meat pretty good and cubed the tritip.

Threw it into a pot with some chicken stock, spicy V8, tomato sauce and some diced tomatoes. Dumped in some ancho chili powder, new mexican red chili powder, mexican oregano, garlic, and onion powder.

Have it going in the dutch oven with a few chunks of hickory.

Last time I did this, I used ground pork sausage, so it'll be interesting to see if the country ribs substitute well for it. We'll see in about 3 hours!

59786450-d0af75e84782af057ed447ff495bd7e3.4b5cb2e1-full.jpg

Comments