Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Family Rib Recipe

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well folks - I read on the forum that some folks just like food pics - so, I figured I'd post a few hundred of the ribs we did today. :laugh: The technique is a little different than most and I found works great on the egg!

First - 12# of BB ribs - remove back membrane - slice into 3's and boil until about a 1/2" off bone. This removes alot of fat
a4-1.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg

The sauce has 17 ingredients and it too is done the night before - then cooled in fridge so it can party together for many hours to become one happy sauce
r1.jpg

After you remove from pot - cover and put in fridge overnight - next day, they went on the small and mini - both at 275 degrees - indirect with drip pans
r3.jpg
r2.jpg

Ribs go on without sauce - after an hour - sauce them good - here they are after 2 1/2 hrs
r4.jpg
Now at 3 1/2 hrs - the sauce is baking on the ribs
r6.jpg
Sauce again at 4 1/2 hrs - then pulled an hour later
r7.jpg

The key is in the sauce - a cup of oil is added which will drain/burn off but leave the other spices. The charred parts - is bone and the brown sugar. Ribs are moist and fall off the bone tender but with a little crunch to the bite. Awesome - stick in your teeth kind of eating. No plated pics

There you go - strictly a food post with no humor and kid friendly. This might be the most boring post I've ever seen but there are 3 members and 1 "visitor" that will be very happy with it. :angry:

Now - the fun starts again next post - read them or move on - and thank you all for the email.

LJ

Comments