Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE and Table Plans Question

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi there. Yesterday I ordered a large BGE from one of my local dealers and I am planning to get delivery on Monday. I can't wait. In the meantime, I am planning to build a table for it.

I have downloaded several plans for building a table, and have a question regarding the measurement from the top of the lower shelf to the top of the table. In the BGE version, this distance is 15". In the NakedWhiz plans, the dimension is 17" Is there a reason for the difference? Will one work better than the other?

I am planning to put a paver stone underneath the egg, I presume that I should account of the height of the stone as well?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    This one is 17 5/8" from top of shelf to top of top. You will want a 2" paver and the little green feet under the egg as well. That'll stop the heat transfer to your wooden surface.

I would say 'plan' on getting yourself another egg in the not so far off future. ;)

Table6.jpg
    I also have just enough room for the mini, when he wants to be up with the big boys.
    004c511e.jpg
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Can't help you with overall dimension, cause I screwed up mine.... but don't forget to double check the clearance for the hinges. I didn't, and had to chisel out some slots in the rear for clearance. But I do like having the egg sitting lower in the table top. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

EggTable04.jpg
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Mine allows for the hinge to clear the top surface by 1/4" or so. ;)

with a 2" paver and the green feet, that is.