Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dizzy pig salmon

Options
texasAUtiger
texasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Man oh man... I used the dizzy pig bbq recipe

https://dizzypigbbq.com/recipesSalmon.html

for the maple salmon... simple to do and RAVE reviews. I thought the color was outstanding.

Add in some homemade mashed potatoes and some grilled asparagus and what a supper!

Thanks dizzy pig!

IMG_2143.jpg

Comments

• Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Very well done!
    I love a good grilled salmon....
    Yours looks like I can almost taste it.
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Did you use the DP rub too? I would like to do some tomorrow, but I don't have that rub yet.......
  • texasAUtiger
    Options
    SmokinParrotHead wrote:
    Did you use the DP rub too? I would like to do some tomorrow, but I don't have that rub yet.......

Yes, I did. I got my delivery today of about 6 DP bottles of rubs plus 3 or 4 other kinds, do this was my first try. I give them an A+!

Did the salmon tonight using the Raging River (outstanding flavor, although it must not have much salt in it so I salted to taste).

My plan for this weekend is to do the crab cakes (recipe on the site above) using the Tsunami Swim.

I wanted to get some rack of lamb today when I went to the store but they didn't have any. The DP recipe for that looks great too. I went for some baby backs instead.
  • Waterscapes
    Options
    Wow looks good.