Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Pizza Set Up (and kids)

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried a new pizza set up recently and it turned out pretty good. I attempted to get the stone and pizza as high up in the egg as I could.

I kept the temp at 500 or 525. I used the plate setter legs down, then small woo, then stone. It worked pretty good for the most part.:

Just going on with paper:

100_0066.jpg

After two minutes - transferred directly to stone (not sure who posted that recently but it works great!

100_0067.jpg

The set up:

100_0068.jpg

The "up top view":

100_0069.jpg

Just about to pull:

100_0071.jpg

Toughin' up the boys while the pizza cooked. Oldest will be 5 in February and the youngest son is 17 months younger. He puts up a pretty good fit all things considered:

100_0003.jpg

100_0004.jpg

She has my remote - but too cute to take it away!

100_0041.jpg

Wouldn't you cry too if your mom dressed you in Husker stuff - especially after the Clones beat them in both Football AND Basketball!

100_0034.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    cute kids!
    nice za, too ;)
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Thanks for posting.

You za setup is similar to mine - med woo (mine is a tall woo) on med egg, large stone, spaces, and med stone. High up in egg.

Cute kids!

Richard
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Just perfect Dave!!! All the way around!! Pizza looks good!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • KMO_Q
    KMO_Q Posts: 150
    Options
    Dave,

Great pics...put a smile on my face :) ...I've spent plenty of time in Des Moines, great town...my daughter graduated from Drake...haven't gotten to pizza yet, but I'll try that set-up...Thanks