Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THIS baffles me!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in Off Topic
and I'll bet it will baffle you too! BTW if you think "she" guessed wrong then go back and check your math because YOU probably were wrong! Have fun with this and don't stay up too late tonight playing it!
http://www.regiftable.com/regiftingrobinpopup.html
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Tweev,

Glad to see you didn't quit on us dude.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    Yeah, I got that e-mail a while back too. There are only 9 possibilities, each multiple of 9 from 9-81 as Tweev alluded to. The prize is the same for each- 9, 18, 27, 36....Then when you do it again the prize changes, but is still the same for each multiple of 9.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    That is unfortunate. Those that ask questions are usually provided with answers.

Cheers

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    Unreal, I now know how it works and I still find myself trying to fool her :laugh:
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Don't let that keep you from asking questions you want answered. Part of the problem IS the OT post and the arguing about it. If the subject title doesn't interest me I just scroll on by. It's been a brutal winter and some aren't cooking that much but it'll pick up in a month or so.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I'm not a mathematical modeller by profession, but I've done my share of models using multilinear regressions and such. If it's the "food safety" thread you're talking about, I think you get what I was trying to say.
  • you are coming at it from the viewpoint of someone who wants to come here merely to take. so sure, you are frustrated with the simpletons who drink heavily during the winter and post their useless cr^p. you want content, dammit. and content with no fuss.

the idiocy lately, ... yeah. it is frustrating, and that's coming from a guy who's been known to post his own fair share of useless cr^p.

but many of us also post our successes, failures, questions, and answers. many are frustrated with the annual forum brain-fart (this happens EVERY january/february). but we know it goes away.

your lament, though, comes (seemingly) from the viewpoint of a person who comes here ONLY to read and take away. so sure, you're bored with the frivolities.

but it isn't like you are upset because the foolishness is drowning out your contributions.

start posting come cooks, and offering help, or asking questions, and help drown out the shitfers that seem to be clogging the airwaves.

a guy with 10 posts laying down what amounts to a dismissal and summation of everything bad with the forum, well. that's not exactly carrying much weight. we might agree with you that it is getting stupid lately, during the doldrums, but it might carry more weight if you had contributed more before berating people for not contributing.

most of the jokers lately (with the exception of a couple) have a history of great cooks, and great help. we forgive the idiocy, because it's short lived and it comes from long-time contributors. if they wanna treat the place as their own sandbox for a while, who's to say they can't?
  • don't worry about me. i'm just another tool on the forum.

i ab-so-frikkin-lootely agree with you about the foolishness lately. fishlessman was the first to point out to me that it is almost entirely predictable for jan/feb though. i didn't believe him, but lo and behold, come the warm weather, people get back outside and start cooking.

that said, there is an odd 'presence' on the forum who seems to post every fvcking thought that enters his head. funny how it always seems to happen at happy hour.

don't let those types of clowns turn you off.