Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Homemade Chicken Noodle soup

JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well at least I helped! :laugh: This was a group effert between me and Wife. I did the bird and she made the soup. Got a 5 1/2 lb bird and shoved a beer up his...well you know. Since making soup with it that was it. No salt,pepper, nothing just plenty of pressimion wood indirect at 250 till breast temp. of 165. A little high for me but it was going in soup and wife don't like a under Egged bird! Went from this:
FoodmidJan10044.jpg

To this in about 3 hours! :whistle:
FoodmidJan10045.jpg

Next day wife deboned the bird. Sauteed 2 celery stalks, one onion, 1/2 sack of the baby carrots in EVOO then added 4 cans chicken broth adding the deboned yard bird. Some chopped celery leaves, 2 bay leaves, origino, poltery seasoning, salt, pepper, Tonys. Simmer 2 hrs till vegs tinder then added egg noodles and simmered till tinder as well.
FoodmidJan10046.jpg

Some crackers and fresh habanerio along with a chunk of block moterey jack cheese ready to eat! The smell of this is almost as good as the taste. Whole kitchen smelled like the Shack.
Jakes healing nicley. The hole he picked in his shoulder to the tindon has filled in and pretty much threw worring about infection at this point. Just waiting for feathers and should be able to take hood off for a couple years! :woohoo:
FoodmidJan10048.jpg

FoodmidJan10049.jpg

Comments