Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket - 16 hours and going

Options
MississippiCoastEgg
MississippiCoastEgg Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been on for 16+ hours and going strong, this is my first Brisket and hope it is good. Internal temp is at around 160 now, BGE is at 250 :ermm:

IMG_0001-1-2.jpg
IMG_0002-1-1.jpg
IMG_0003-1-1.jpg
IMG_0004-1-1.jpg

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Looking mighty fine to me. My last one went 17 hours. You will likely surpass that.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    That is a good lookin' cook. I will be doing one in a couple weeks. Its my sisters favorite, and its her birthday cook every year.
  • 3Pedals6Speeds
    Options
    I did one yesterday (5lb) that I needed to be done around 12 hours, and wasn't (had been at 165 for a few hours, and was starting to rise again on it's own). I bumped temp to 350 to hurry it along, pulled at 185 and foiled in a warm cooler for an hour. It turned out very well. It would have probably benefited from rising slower, but since it had started the climb out of the plateau on it's own, I don't think I degraded the final product too much by hurrying along the final push to 185.
  • Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    Options
    Once it hits 165 it has pretty much absorbed all the smoke it is going to absorb. I've found that if you need to hurry it along at that stage it isn't going to hurt the meat at all. At least so long as you wrap 'n' rest. That way you know the collagen has had a chance to convert.

Bob V
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Looks really good, when the two halves start to pull apart, start testing with fork (don't worry about internal temp) for tenderness.
    Kent Madison MS