Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pecan Chicken Thighs on the Egg

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,523
edited 6:51PM in EggHead Forum
DSC_0003-115.jpg
Chicken thighs marinaded with John Henry's Pecan Marinade for 10-hrs in the fridge
DSC_0006-81.jpg
Rubbed with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub
DSC_0016-30.jpg

DSC_0018-24.jpg

DSC_0021-24.jpg
Egg setup, raised grid indirect @ 350*
DSC_0025-16.jpg
Turned at 30-min.
DSC_0027-11.jpg
Pulled at 1-hr.
DSC_0029-12.jpg
Served with Potato gratin with caramelized onions and prosciutto and Caesar salad
DSC_0033-6.jpg

DSC_0036-2.jpg
This was a dynamite meal, the Chicken and potatoes were delicious
DSC_0041-2.jpg
A great meal, football, and a good glass of wine all I need now is my Jackie and our Dog Sadie who are still in Baja

Potato recipe:

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-toptenrec5b-2010jan06,0,3513799.story

Thanks for looking

Ross
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,270
    Ross,

Great cook buddy! How long are you on your own?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Thanks Steve, Wed. they well return

Ross
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Looks like a great meal Ross,love the Flavor of the pecan rub.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • Thanks Dale, Pecan is a great spice

Ross
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    WOW!AWESOME as usual!I got a question.I have instant yeast packets that say 1/4 oz.I have a no kneed ciabatta bread recepie that calls for 1/4 teaspoon of yeast,Do I try to measure a 1/4 teaspoon out of the packet or use the whole packet?I know it's stupid but I'm REAL new to baking bread. :blink: :huh: Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :)
    ·
  • Thanks Hoss, I just use 1/4 teaspoon out of the packet good luck

Ross
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    THANKS MAN! :)
    ·
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    Very nice!! I was looking to do some thighs tonight while shopping down at Whole Foods but then saw that big old Ribeye in the next meat case :woohoo:

I'm also enjoying a couple days of freedom while the wife and kids are out of town....
    ·
  • Thanks Ribeye's are a damn good steak

Ross
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Great looking cook again Ross. Hang in there. It will be back to normal soon. I would actually like a week by myself. Don't get me wrong I have been married for 19 years and wouldnt trade her for anything but she's a house wife and I'm glad but when I'm at the plant I have people wanting to talk for 12 hours and as soon as I get home she has been home alone (at least I think so! :laugh: ) all day and is ready to talk to me. A little down time would be nice. ;)
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Wonderful color on those thighs. I'll bet they were great.
    ·
  • Teach42Teach42 Posts: 218
    Those look fantastic... and remind me that I haven't cooked thighs on the Egg yet! Will have to bump that up to the top of my 'todo list'.

Great looking eats.
    ·
  • I know the feeling JL

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks Bob, they were delicious

Ross
    ·
  • That would be a good project for today

Ross
    ·
  • Ross, the chicken looks great. I can see that you are making the most of being home alone.

Faith
    ·