Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

People have asked me

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
when they are here and reading the foum why Bob is at the top of the member list. I have no answer for them. Anyone got an answer?
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• And I thought you knew everything. :huh:
  • cookn biker
    Hahaha How'd it go today?
    Were you hanging? :silly:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • That is odd. I have never noticed it before, but from your question it sounds like an everyday thing. Good eye.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I was gonna be a wiseass and say he won the employee of the month and got the parking spot by the front door, but I won't.

It looks like a database glitch of some sort.

In the member list there are a half dozen or so members that are at the top of the alphabetical list that are not correct.

The online list sorts alphabetically, but something is making the database see the first letter in his handle as a character that occurs before the letter A.

If I had access to the dataset I could figure it out, but from this side of the data that is how it appears to me.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Sparky is supposed to be first...We voted!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Don't know if you remember but for the longest time my handle use to be on top. Found out I had a space before the NoVA Bill. I removed the space and I dropped down the list. Maybe Bob has a space before his name?
  • cookn biker
    Oh yea!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    I just thought it was Bruce in disguise. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Teh furom is alfabaticely challngd - adn cn't spel ether. :huh:
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Did ya ever stop to think...why would they ask you????
  • cookn biker
    hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • now the race is on to add spaces before user names...
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    my hunch is it is a fixed name to continually propagate that section of the site. but then maybe not!

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • cookn biker
    had that thought too.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Why would anyone really want their name on the top? I honestly don't understand the appeal.

I leave the left frame closed -- I never know (nor do I really concern myself with) who happens to be logged in at any given time.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Hey, remember me asking you about that? :whistle:
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    You don't know who Bob is? I assumed everyone did....
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Interesting observation Molly. Like Fidel said, can't tell unless you look at the database. I viewed the page in 'page source' and the list is already built so it doesn't help.

However I found an interesting piece of info in the page source: associated with each user is a user#, it appears that the # was assigned sequentially when one registers, so the lower the number the older the member. My number is 23365. Almost everyone has a 5 digit number but I see 'JohnQue' has a three digit number '348' and he registered in 2005.

-Gary
    canuckland
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Yep. I eventually figured it out. ;)
  • Check out the movie, "What About Bob?" and you'll understand. :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22what+about+bob%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious