Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Night Pizza

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After a HORRIBLE day at work, I arrived home to find that Mr. Hyde had dinner all planned and ready and after relaxing with a glass of Shiraz, he proceeded to make pizzas for our dinner tonight. What a nice surprise and a welcome one after my day today![p]pizza-dough-balls.jpg[p]Here are the dough balls in the final stages of proofing, right before he rolled them out and threw them...[p]pizza-veggies.jpg[p]Here's Pizza #1 - A Veggie Pizza with green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion and roasted garlic.[p]pizza-roasted-garlic-and-cheese[p]And, here's Pizza #2 - My favorite, cheese and roasted garlic...[p]Happy Friday Everyone!
Tonia
:~)[p]

Comments

• QBabe
    Options
    pizza-roasted-garlic-and-cheese.jpg[p]I HATE it when that happens! Hopefully it worked...
    Tonia
    :~)

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    QBabe,
    Man oh man do I want a Mr. Hyde!!!!!!!!!!![p]All I have is a "Lady J"![p]HA![p]Have a great weekend!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • ToyCollector
    Options
    QBabe,[p]He sure knows how to make pizza!!! Was the dough proofed overnight?
  • BunkyRub
    BunkyRub Posts: 52
    Options
    QBabe,
    Could you explain your pizza set-up as I'm new to doing pizza on the BGE? It looks like you have a screen from Wal-Mart under the pizza-is there also a pizza stone under the screen? Any comments, tips, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks!

• QBabe
    Options
    Bunky Rub,[p]Actually, the screen is not a disposable one, but one we bought at a kitchen supply store. Cost about $6. Season the screen like you do cast iron and never wash it. Just knock off the crusties, etc. each time.[p]Larry's recipe for pizza is on my website under the "Pizza/Breads" section. It involves some time and work, but is WELL worth it! Don't let throwing the pizza scare you off, as you can do it without tossing it and he tells you how. But once you get comfortable with handling the dough, give the throwing part a try...[p]Tonia

[ul][li]QBabe's BBQ Adventures - Recipes[/ul]
  • QBabe
    Options
    ToyCollector,[p]Yep...here's the recipe...[p]Tonia

[ul][li]QBabe's BBQ Adventures - Recipes[/ul]
  • Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    Options
    QBabe, When dough is proofing in fridge, do you leave it uncovered??

• QBabe
    Options
    Tanya,[p]Yes we do...[p]Tonia

• Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    Options
    QBabe, Thanks! I have my dough on the first rising right now. This will be my first pizza on the egg and I am so eggcited! Will be following all the instructions except I won't be able to let it proof over night. I don't have a platesetter but have some fire bricks and a pizza stone. I've put off trying this as it sounds like you can mess up pretty easy. Oh well, can't learn if you don't jump in! Thanks for your help.

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    Tanya,
    I remember my first several attempts at pizza. I say attempts because they were not very good. If this first one does not come out the way you like it, keep trying.[p]I had a difficult time getting my temperatures correct. For me, a plate setter made a world of difference.[p]Please let us know how your pizza finally turns out - bad or good![p]Banker John

• QBabe
    Options
    Tanya,[p]You're right...I'm in the same learning mode with the brisket I'll be doing this weekend. I think for most cooks it takes doing it once or twice to get comfortable with it and be happy with being able to consistently get good results. But, one thing I've found with the egg is that even the less than perfect ones are still mighty good most of the time![p]Keep trying and have fun. Let us know how everything turned out...[p]Tonia