Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Skirt Steak Cooking Ideas

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone used a Skirt Steak to make Fajitas? I am planning on using a Tequila, Lime, Cilantro and Garlic Marinade. [p]I could use some suggestions on cooking times and temps.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Do it hot, like searing a steak. Your choice of the high temp and time but I would guess that 700F with the 2.5/2.5/5 minute timing would work for a 1-inch thick steak.
    JimW

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    JimW,
    The steak is more like one-quarter inch think and looks similar to flank steak. I am concerned about overcooking it.[p]Possibly, if someone knows how to cook a flank steak, that would work as well.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Grillin' Bill
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    As has been recommended, I'd sear each side, 600-700 degrees for 1-2 minutes, close dome and all vents and cook for 2 minutes each side. That should be about medium rare. If you want more done increase cooking times. This works for me.

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Grillin Bill,
    Cool. I have never cooked a skirt steak and I do not want to mess it up with People coming over.[p]Happy Cinco de Mayo,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• AbqEgg'r
    AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    My sister-inlaw has an excellent recipe where the skirt steak is rolled into small steaks about the size of a 6oz filet. She rolls green chili and some other stuff up inside to keep it moist and add flavor. I'll get the recipe and post or email it to you.[p]A~E