Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck Hunt - Hoss and Ripnem

Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Hoss and Adam,

First time hunting since before Christmas. Still a few patches of ice in the shaded areas - last weekend they said it was 1.5-2" thick.

Slow hunt today. We only got 3 small groups to even look and then each time the neighbors shot at something before we got more than one look from the ducks. VERY frustrating!

We each did shoot at fast-flying ducks that the neighbor had shot at seconds before - sorta desperation shots.

We had flocks and flocks of snow/blue geese fly over us for a measured 45 minutes - most geese either of us had every seen - too high to shoot, even though we both "gave it a try". :laugh:

Anyway, Ralph had to leave early so as we were packing and I was unloading my gun 4 gadwalls made a low pass and turned. Raplh's gun was in the case in the boat and I only had 2 shells, but when they dropped into the whole I took the lead drake, swung on the other one and 'click' - the shell had not completely ejected!
Ralph hollered 'quick, shoot the cripple" which I did when he cleared the decoys . I didn't realize I had shot 2 drakes with my one shot !
22035_1326668173181_1425227104_3093.jpg
At least we didn't get "busted". :woohoo: :woohoo:
We didn't think our other party got any shooting, but they were at the launch when we returned about 8:45. They had shot 2 limits by 7:45! D#@&m !

Comments