Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:36 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads…

I was slowly paddl’n a pirogue down a moss-draped-tree-tunneled bayou deep in a Louisiana swamp. I was hardly making a sound but the air was alive with sounds only nature can make.

I had my camera at ready and was looking for that perfect shot that I might later be able to sell to a tourist who thought they could get the full impact of a swamp just by looking into a nicely framed photograph. They couldn’t, of course, but for two hundred bucks I didn’t really care what they saw or felt when they occasionally glanced at the photograph on some wall a thousand miles from my swamp.

I heard a turtle slip off a log into the water as I drifted slowly by his log. Nothing really changed but I could feel millions of unseen eyes watching me, perhaps curiously or perhaps thinking of me as some sort of threat. The only life-forms willing to take a chance on having me for lunch were the mosquitoes. They never give up trying. But I had long ago applied mosquito repellent and all they could do was annoy me with their ceaseless buzzing.

I suddenly saw what I was looking for and gently laid the paddle in the pirogue. I picked up my camera and raised it slowly to my face, focused and snapped, forever capturing the perfect moment in this perfect place.

The sound of the camera-click must have activated my sensors and the next thing I know I’m moving at a fast pace on my all-two’s down a passage way toward the facility maintenance department, all the while mentally rehearsing the sequence of steps I am to take once arriving in front of the pre-determined porcelain furniture. I arrived, immediately grabbing the pressure release lever and pulling sharply, thereby opening the valve that instantly produced the desired results. Yes… Once again, success. I am very good at what I do.

I’m fully vertical, alert and the plumbing is certainly functioning well. Now to check the Forum.

Hummmm!!! Not much going on. But there are 23 members and 168 Guests logged on, apparently waiting for something to happen. Little Chef is among them so I am leaving her in charge and I’m headed back to my recharging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring “Mosquito Food” Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments