Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Nest handler

BADaQBADaQ Posts: 159
edited 3:10PM in EggHead Forum
Is this my best option, Im low on cash after the purchase and like the idea behind it. Any thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    AllenBAMA, Are you saying you are considering getting a nest for your egg? Tim
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    If you intend on moving your egg around a lot..or on rough surfaces...it is an excellent thing to have...well designed and well built..
  • SnorkSnork Posts: 15
    For what it's worth, I bought a Stainless Prep table from a Restaurant supply company and cut a hole in the top to hold the egg. I then used an sdjustable stainless shelf to hold the egg at the correct height.. Place a concrete paver on the shelf and you aready to go. It has four locking casters, which make it easy to move and it holds the weight very well. I have a picture, but still trying to figure out how to upload. just my two cents.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,453
    not sure what your question is, but if you mean easily moving your egg then one of these PotLifters is worth the money - about 30 bucks.
    IMG_1780.jpg
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • ClamClam Posts: 117
    Heck, get creative, have fun. Make sure your egg can't fall and break though. I think I'll eventually get a nest and modify it with big wheels.

Another thought, maybe ask on this site if anyone has a nest they want to sell? Many folks have custom tables and someone might have a nest collecting dust.IMG_0043.jpg
    This looked like about the best pic I have to show what they are....
    DSC00030.jpg
    DSC00042.jpg
  • i don't understand the use of the nest handler???what is it for??
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    The nest handler does not come with wheels, it is just a handle assembly that bolts onto the Hinge/band assembly on top and the lower part to the legs of the nest.

There are two different versions. One is for older eggs with original nests.
    The other one is for the newer style nests that have larger wheels and are wider at the base (to make up for the higher center of gravity caused by the larger wheels)

This is what BobbyQ described to me back in October.
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 543
    when did they start putting those handle things on the back?
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
    It is an optional add-on that came out last year sometime before Eggtoberfest.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,130
    ahhh, i see now, my egg just sits on the ground :laugh: what purpose does it offere that the side wings already take care of, just looks like a handle and thats what i would use the wingtable for
    Mostly a mobility thing with a big handle to pull the egg with vs grabbing the hinge assembly. It also makes moving the egg more stable by attaching the egg to the nest.
  • BADaQBADaQ Posts: 159
    thats awesome!!
  • BADaQBADaQ Posts: 159
    this is what i was talking about. I thought the name of it was the "nest handler" but yes. it will need to roll and be moved. thanks
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Has anyone found out how much they are. Tim
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    Here is a closer shot.

004.jpg

It basically bolts the egg and the nest together. You can pull this thing all over the place and it is very stable. You can't see it well, but there is a bar that bolts between the 2 wheels. You can also tip the egg bag and get up over curbs.