Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help - BBQ boneless chicken breast recipe

MountainGrillerMountainGriller Posts: 300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a good BBQ chicken breast reicpe. Also, do I cook the chicken direct and at what dome temp do you recommend
Thanks
·

Comments

• GeoGeo Posts: 53
    Try this recipe. It is easy and always works for moist tender cjicken.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs005/1101793297533/archive/1101801837599.html
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Last night we did these:

Boneless chicken breasts lightly pounded, then put bbq sauce on inside of chicken with pepper jack and or mozzarella cheese. Folded over and sprinkled swamp venom on the outside. Then wrapped in bacon and secured with toothpicks.

I cooked them indirect at 375 for about 30 minutes until the breast were 160 internal. Right before I pulled them off I put more bbq sauce. They were moist & deelicious.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    MountainGriller, Raised direct at 400° dome. Pull them at 165°-170° internal. Use your favorite rub but I like is on the sweet side. :)

I will be watching for other suggestions. Tim
    ·
  • I have come up with a real easy and delicious way of doing up chicken breasts. Rub with a little olive oil and then sprinkle on a cajun or southwestern style rub. Follow 2Fategghead's advice on the cooking approach and you can add some wood chips for some smokiness. My twist entails adding a topping of salsa along with grated jack cheese a couple of minutes before the breasts are pulled.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

·
  • Thanks for all of the great ideas - I'm getting hungry, I better get started
    Thanks again
    ·
  • Hi Geo. I see you are from Biloxi. I live over in Hancock county. My large BGE was purchased at grills and grates back in December, as a Christmas present. I am really enjoing it. It is great having a store locally like grills and grate. They have a huge selection and the prices are pretty good compared to other egg dealers.
    ·