Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

gasket

Options
cooksome
cooksome Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was just reading old post on gasket replacement an I'm unsure if BGE is replaceing the felt gasket with nomax or should I just go buy a new one at the local egg store? thanks

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    There is a nomex gasket available now...depending on the amount of stock your local dealer has they may or may not have the nomex version in stock yet...obviously they want to sell what they have before they re-stock the latest and greatest..
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    I got a Nomex today in the mail from mothership. Bruce sent it to me at no charge. Got to love there customer service.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You dont need to preach to the choir....BGE is the cats meow...said that only cause I didnt think what I really wanted to say would get through the filters....but you understand..
  • Lanier Jim
    Options
    I hear you...going to bed...heck it's after 12am here and I've got to work tomorrow...well, out of the house. Got 2 contractors coming by to do some more work/remodeling.

Be good Wess...and if you're too good...you ain't having fun.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Posts: 56
    Options
    got my new nomex gasket for my large. I purchased some 3M super adheasive spray. Is this my best bet or would something else work better?

thanks

Lionel
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I think you will be good with the nomex and super 77.

Suggest you watch Fred's videos. Haven't watched in a long time. A couple changes I would suggest.

1) Make sure the any overhang of the nomex goes to the outside of the egg

2) Spray the 3m into a plastic cup and apply with a throw away brush - avoids overspray on to the egg.