Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hungry in Lilburn

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

I was just going to post about your response but the post was deleted before I hit the sent button.

I left the forum for a while and got thinking about my original response. I was about to edit and -NM- my comment then I saw there were some comments.

Nevertheless I do owe you an apology. Here is what my response was...

Your post in part.
"... I am a straight laced right wing conservative christian "

My follow up...

Oh man, now we are in trouble. Do you have guns too? :)

HIL, I didn't even think about the post going to a link until I read Ripmen's response, he was right.

My apologies to you, it was a case of speek'n before think'n on my part.

Kent

Comments

• LOL! Absolutely no reason for you to apoligize, no offense taken. In fact I was afraid I had done something wrong due to my own ignorance. My wife has taken the role of Chief Person in Charge of Pointing Out When I do Stupid Stuff. She is very good at it. I apparently do stupid stuff many times a day. I am kind of immune to it.

I am glad somebody pulled it. If I knew how I would have done it myself. Don't need any contraversy, just more cooking.

And yes, I have guns, lots of guns, big guns, little guns, shiny guns,dull guns and guns that can't be seen when I go out in public. I keep my favorite gun right next to my Bible and my BGE recipe book. :cheer:

"The government can have my gun when they pry it from my dead cold fingers."

"We don't need new gun laws, we need more ammo."
    :woohoo:
  • All us "Crackers" have guns and got each others back.

So watch out GG .... B)

Jim
    Snellville, Ga
  • Man, we are promoting the redneck sterotype of Georgians today aren't we? Oh well, I am clinging tightly to my religion and my guns. Now put Charlie Daniels on the CD player and hand me my coat. This contractor needs to get done painting so I can go to the store!
  • If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words. :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• LOL! I read a liberal post the other day from a media reporter. He said Obama had failed to act when he was elected to remove all "assult rifles" from the hands of citizens like he promised. They were talking about AR 15s. The price of AR 15s jumped after BO's election to the point where a lot of us only bought the firing mechanisims which is the only part the govt can control. A poster commented back that he had never heard of anyone ever killed by a gun. Now the bullets were a totally different story. Ammo tripled in price and became scare overnight. So new motto, "guns don't kill people but bullets can really leave a mark!"
  • Grandpas Grub

"I was afraid I had done something wrong due to my own ignorance."

Don't worry about it, nothing wrong on your part. My comment just spurred on other comments and I shouldn't have posted.

"We don't need new gun laws, we need more ammo."

That reminds me, I need to get some primers and powder to go along with my food storage.

GG
  • Certainly this thread has been carried on too long. How about cutting it short and get back to what this Forum is about? :unsure:
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Kent, don't forget that Kimber you want!
  • Grandpas Grub

I'm not, the picture is right on the wall and I am looking at it.

In a little while check your forum email, got something funny to send you. Almost as good as the Drag Racer. I was going to post but had second thoughts about all the potential fallout.

Have you done any buckboard yet - do I need to buy a boston butt and mail it to you. :)

Kent