Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With all of the talk of chicken breast yesterday, I decided that some simple grilled chicken was in order. I was also thinking about how NatureBoy did his steaks low’n’slow and high’n’fast.[p]Since Mr. Big will soon be going back to KennyG(sigh) and I am now totally out of lump, I opened up my small BGE to retrieve whatever lump was there. When I removed the entire load of lump, I noticed that the Turbo Grate made metal mesh had fallen into the opening. This explains we I had so much trouble with the burgers the other day. I now had enough lump to fire up Mr. Big.[p]I simply sprinkled the boneless skinless breast with some Sgt. Pepper’s Ancho Mama Chili Seasoning. I then put a palm full of Lil’ Devils Mesquite Smoking Pellets on the fire and tossed the chicken on. I smoked the breasts for 10 minute at about 200. I then flipped them and add some more pellets and let them go for another 10 minutes. Next, I opened up the bottom vent and took the top off. I let Mr. Big run up to 400 and cooked the breast for 8 minutes per side. We were close to eating, but when I went to get the chicken, I decided to let it go for five more minutes. [p]The results were simply outstanding. I served them with various BBQ sauces at the table. I had also pick up some fresh sweet corn at the Market. The corn is still from Southern Florida and was great as well. My four-year-old son ate a chicken breast and then four ears of corn.[p]After we ate, we headed to a concert consisting of The Amazing Crowns, Hank Williams III and The Reverend Horton Heat. Wow, what an awesome show.[p]BBQ, Corn, Beer and great Rock N’ Roll. What a great way to spend a Wednesday Night.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments