Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg + Fire + Beef = Awesome Dinner

Options
Don Marco
Don Marco Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy...

Heres todays quick Dinner :woohoo:

This is a 20 ounce piece of American Prime Ribeye that somehow made it over the pond. I always thought cows couldnt swim because... well, thats another story...:whistle:

Anyway, seasoned the Steak with EVOO and some sea salt with rosemary and heated up the small egg.

57_P1050062_Small_1.jpg

Then the magic happened :evil:

57_P1050084_Small_1.jpg

Yum ! One of the best steaks i ever had. You guys sure know how to raise some cattle :laugh:

57_1P1050086_Small_1.jpg

No sides needed for this...smi5.gif

Cheers !

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de

Comments

• Dave in So Cal
    Options
    Very nice. Dang I love rib eye.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Don, you cooked that one to perfection. It's worth it to spend the extra money on prime meat. But coming across the pond, that had to be an expensive little steak or should I say and expensive BIG steak, 20oz.'s...wow!!!
  • Don Marco
    Options
    reelgem wrote:
    Don, you cooked that one to perfection. It's worth it to spend the extra money on prime meat. But coming across the pond, that had to be an expensive little steak or should I say and expensive BIG steak, 20oz.'s...wow!!!

Actually i got this one at wholesale price via a friend only about 20% more expensice than what the local butchers ask for domestic beef - wich is as lean as can be and aged for a maximum of 6-7 days.

I got some more US rib eyes, 3 US tri tips and a US brisket in the freezer and cant wait to cook those :woohoo:

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I LIVE IN IOWA!!!!! I have had to stop my day to wait for cows to cross the road! I haven't cooked a steak that looks like that. Wow that looks wonderful

My cholesterol is bottoming out. Haven't had steak since prime rib on Christmas, and I don't think that counts. Gotta do something about this!
  • reelgem
    Options
    Don, it sounds like you're set for a few days. :)
    You're not able to get good meat in Germany?
  • Don Marco
    Options
    reelgem wrote:
    Don, it sounds like you're set for a few days. :)
    You're not able to get good meat in Germany?

Well we got very good pork even though the hogs dont get very old over here - so the ribs and stuff are pretty small compared to yours.
    I guess chicken is the same all over the world and i get good seafood as i´m 20 miles away from the sea.

But for beef, like i said, its mostly crap. One of our teams sponsors imports very very good beef from argentina so that kinda keeps me above the water B)

American Beef is coming more and more to the specialty stores and wholesalers but if you have to pay the regular prices its very expensive.

Actually when i was in the US for eggtoberfest and the Jack a couple of month ago i was crying at the meat counter everytime we went shopping. :unsure:

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • reelgem
    Options
    Gehen Sie zu den Staaten, wir würden uns freuen, Sie hier zu haben. :)
  • Don Marco
    Options
    reelgem wrote:
    Gehen Sie zu den Staaten, wir würden uns freuen, Sie hier zu haben. :)

Hmmm... for that you gotta either give me a job or marry me, otherwise my VISA is restricted to 90 days B)

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • reelgem
    Options
    I'm married but I have a few single girlfriends. :)
  • Don Marco
    Options
    reelgem wrote:
    I'm married but I have a few single girlfriends. :)

I need more details B)

Any hidden shortcomings like vegans or
    something ?:laugh:

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    My kind of meal Don! Looks fantastic.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Looks like some good Missouri Beef. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mike
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Don....... another awesome cook!

Aren't you able to get Chianina beef or Piedmontese beef in northern Germany? :( Or do the Italians horde it for themselves? lol :evil:

Although I love Bistecca alla Fiorentina, at the risk of sounding like an ugly American, our beef rocks! :side: